Second week of Sobriety - friends needed!

Options
2»

Replies

• SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    Options
    Exercise really does help immensely so do some most days. Walking or running is great for stress relief so you don't turn to a drink to relax as much.

Ah you are so right, I learned this yesterday, was getting a bit agro, went for a good long walk and felt much better :smile:
  • gymkoala
    gymkoala Posts: 76
    Options
    at the end of the night you willl be glad you didn't drink, it robs you of your clarity of mind , be the sparkling water drinker ^^ get your new identity as the non drinker so your friends get used to it and you can identify with it.
    once you're on board is sooo good . i was reflecting about this this morning, is absurs how a drug that alters so mutch you state is legal and others not and is so accepted when others are banned or labeled, same with the stupid tobacco this society is sick !!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I'm doing great. Almost at two weeks without a glass of wine and powering along with my workouts. I have lost a very small amount of weight but I now fit back into my smaller work skirt which I couldn't do two weeks ago so I'm very happy about that! Congratulations on doing so well Helen!

If the valerian doesn't work well try melatonin. The doctor prescribed it. It's non addictive and safe to take.
  • jonny310580
    jonny310580 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Add me as well anyone as I have as battled with drink and weight loss for years. I defo know that if I gave up the drink I would lose more weight than I have. I don't drink much but when I do I sometimes go overboard as when you have been doing so well during the week to just undo all the hard work is frustrating. Support and advice needed.
  • helens2304
    helens2304 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is keeping up! Into Week THREE now and feeling great! A few tough days along the way, BUT sleeping so much better now - waking up early and feeling refreshed - even went out at the weekend and had quite an amuzing time watching other people getting very drunk :laugh: Another weekend here - bring it on
  • mockchoc
    Options
    2.5 weeks for me now. It's Friday night and it would have been lovely to have had some wine but I didn't. My weigh loss, exercise and blood pressure issues are more important so I'm sticking to my guns for the time being.
  • SallyFTW
    SallyFTW Posts: 36
    Options
    Hi add me please, I'm in need of some motivational friends also.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    2.5 weeks for me now. It's Friday night and it would have been lovely to have had some wine but I didn't. My weigh loss, exercise and blood pressure issues are more important so I'm sticking to my guns for the time being.

Good for you! It WILL pay off!
  • blake281
    blake281 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, I have been on MFP for about two years (I think), but I am new to the forums.

I am also trying to avoid alcohol, at least for a few weeks as I try to see what may be triggering autoimmune issues. I am hoping that I am able to enjoy a glass of wine again one day, but for now I am cutting it out completely. I hope that my progress over the next few weeks will be so good that I will not desire to drink as much.

Feel free to add me as well!
  • LouieShoe
    LouieShoe Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Way to go helens2304! Three weeks is an inspiration. I just made it through last weekend without drinking and I thought it would kill me. I'm going to try to make it through this weekend as well. Thanks for your support along the way - you've started a thread that touches a lot of people.
  • mrs_kalee_thompson
    mrs_kalee_thompson Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am new to recovery and I was 13 days sober until this weekend. I am starting over yet again, but I am hopeful. To those who are sober and may have some ideas or support . Please friend request me this is the hardest thing I have ever done and as much support as possible it welcomed.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I am new to recovery and I was 13 days sober until this weekend. I am starting over yet again, but I am hopeful. To those who are sober and may have some ideas or support . Please friend request me this is the hardest thing I have ever done and as much support as possible it welcomed.

FR sent
  • I_love_to_ride
    Options
    Sober in AA since 2/24/1984. :smile:
  • lindacrosfield
    Options
    I hear you. I dutifully log the drinks I have and boy, do they ever add to the calorie count. I've been at this for 6 months now, and I'm pretty sure if I'd cut out the booze I'd be at my goal by now. I spent 3 months in Mexico this winter, and really tried to limit the intake. But I still had tequila and beer now and then. For me, moderation is the key. And not beating myself up when I occasionally overdo it.
  • kcoty001
    kcoty001 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work!
  • mockchoc
    Options
    1 month without drinking for me as of today! :smile: