Are bananas bad?????

Options
1235»

Replies

• Kiwi_Made
    Kiwi_Made Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I c a lot of posts that say banans are bad and make belly fat also logging into two bananas went over my sugar limit. Please explain that. Lol

Fruit sugar is buffered by the fibre found in the fruit. It's fine really.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Yes. Please gimme all your bananas for disposal.
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    As a real answer to your question.. Sarcasm aside..

Read this page-

http://authoritynutrition.com/is-fruit-good-or-bad-for-your-health/

Now back to sarcasm-

3.jpg
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I c a lot of posts that say banans are bad and make belly fat also logging into two bananas went over my sugar limit. Please explain that. Lol

Um...because like with all fruit the primary caloric source is sugar. Same is true of apples, oranges, grapes, you name it.

What makes you fat is eating more calories than your body requires to maintain. That can come from anything, including fruit...or salad...or broccoli...or a hamburger. It doesn't matter.
  • bbracken77
    bbracken77 Posts: 65
    Options
    I think they are ok!!
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Only if you shove a stick up it, dip it in chocolate and roll it nuts...and than eat like 2 or more in one sitting. (Dang it, now I want a frozen chocolate covered banana.)
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Nope!
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    First they tell you there are 5 foods you should never eat and they show you a picture of a banana.

Then they tell you there is one weird trick that can make you lose weight and be fit. And they show you a picture of a banana AGAIN.

I'll let that simmer in your thoughts.
  • Alexandra_S
    Alexandra_S Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Lmao! Love the replies on this thread! Like question, like answer.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Please explain
    That's it? You want us to explain whether bananas are bad?

Where does hits question come from?

I have a banana on my oatmeal every single morning. Nothing bad has happened to me thus far, and I've been doing this for years.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Yes. Bananas will murder you in your sleep.
    That's very true.....but only if you don't get them first. :laugh:
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    I can't believe that you are getting such inane replies to your question (thought this was a sensitive and respectable site). I think I understand why you ask.... we often see ads where they say something like "5 foods you should never eat", and bananas are one of them. Some people think they are a super food and a must in a healthy diet; others feel that it adds belly fat (over a period of time). I personally love bananas, and would never give them up! They are highly nutritious and a good source of energy. So, if they make YOU feel good, then no, bananas are not bad. Hope this helps.
    No offense intended, but it's clear you are new. Welcome. :bigsmile: