Just venting.....my friend says I'm "starving" myself

Options
2»

Replies

• BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your friend has no idea that a doughnut isn't really food.

rubbish.

it totally is food.

it's just not food that fit into her day.

it's fine either way- but her friend is feeling guilty. Tell her to stop feeling guilty and eat the damn doughnut if she wants it.

Donuts are TOTALLY food!!! Just not gonna treat myself to one today! Maybe tomorrow. :)

Atta girl! :flowerforyou:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

hahaha, not really food? Sure it is. It all depends on your caloric allottment. What works for one won't always work for everyone else. Personally, someone brings donuts in, I'm working it into my day.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    She is just trying to undermine your determination, ignore her, she is jealous, let them eat their cake, and we can do it our way and lose weight healthily :)

why does she have to be jealous? Sounds like the friend ate the donut. Maybe she just doesn't understand that her way doesn't work for OP.
  • Allelito
    Allelito Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Ask her if she seriously thinks that you not eating that doughnut means that you're starving.
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    classic case of trying to make you feel like crap for "starving" yourself, to make herself believe that her diet is better, and therefore making it ok that she ate the bagel/donut

ignore and carry on your own way
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options

rubbish.

it totally is food.

it's fine either way- but her friend is feeling guilty. Tell her to stop feeling guilty and eat the damn doughnut if she wants it.
    QFT!
  • eclat80
    eclat80 Posts: 12
    Options
    I feel both parties. I think your friend may have been trying to get a donut/bagel buddy to make her feel better about her indulgence, but I also think you should be able to brush things like this off, and smile to yourself as you watch the inches and pounds fall off and/or stay gone. What works for her may not work for you as many have said. Everyone's body is different.
  • Chris_Pierce
    Chris_Pierce Posts: 267 Member
    Options

rubbish.

it totally is food.

If it don't fit. It ain't food ;)
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    She is just trying to undermine your determination, ignore her, she is jealous, let them eat their cake, and we can do it our way and lose weight healthily :)

why does she have to be jealous? Sounds like the friend ate the donut. Maybe she just doesn't understand that her way doesn't work for OP.
    This
  • AllMyUsernamesRTaken
    AllMyUsernamesRTaken Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    That was a good call OP that she was feeling guilty. I would've totally thought she was jealous. I am known to jump to conclusions because I am emotional. You're on the right track, and I don't know you, but I'm proud and impressed by your level of maturity. Kudos!!!
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Take the donut , take a bite and then bean it!
    Then every day for the rest of week leave something ludicrously calorie dense at her desk.:devil:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

rubbish.

it totally is food.

If it don't fit. It ain't food ;)

Didn't fit FOR THAT DAY.

Perhaps the next day it did fit.

It's still food. A doughnut is only like 150-300 calories- seriously- it's not that big of a crime- she just didn't want it.