How do u fight cravings?

Options
Now that it's past the time I'm supposed to stop eating, I'm starving!!!! And I feel like the only thing that can fill me is up junk or fast food. It's an uncontrollable urge I get every night :(

Replies

• Chris_Pierce
    Chris_Pierce Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    The longer you go with out junk food the easier it is. Eventually you will find it disgusting, because it is.

Also I work out more so I can eat more, which helps a lot, as long as you eat healthy food.

Also, bacon.
  • shining_light
    shining_light Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Save more of your calories for evening when you know you're typically hungry. Eating times don't matter for weight loss. I tend to push breakfast later for exactly this reason, and it really does help.
  • KeishaGettinFit
    Options
    Save more of your calories for evening when you know you're typically hungry. Eating times don't matter for weight loss. I tend to push breakfast later for exactly this reason, and it really does help.

That sounds like it makes a lot of sinse but I always hear that it's not good to eat breakfast more than an hour after u wake up and I hear it's bad to eat 3 hours before bed. I guess I just need to learn my own body
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Now that it's past the time I'm supposed to stop eating, I'm starving!!!! And I feel like the only thing that can fill me is up junk or fast food. It's an uncontrollable urge I get every night :(

There is no "time" at which you are "supposed to stop eating". As for what I do with my cravings assuming I have calories left I go out and I get the thing I'm craving and I eat it. Assuming I do not have calories left I have a choice. I can either be over calories for that day and make it up the next day or I could go for a run or do some weights.

Most times I end up just eating the thing I want to eat and that seems to deal pretty well with cravings.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Like someone already mentioned, you don't have to stop eating at a certain time. I do try not to eat after 7, but only because I don't sleep well, or have weird dreams when I do eat late.

Also, maybe pick a favorite food that you love and maybe is junk food and have it as long as it fits your calories/macros.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1277224--eat-all-the-sweets-a-30-day-tale-of-love-happiness
  • shining_light
    shining_light Posts: 384 Member
    Options

That sounds like it makes a lot of sinse but I always hear that it's not good to eat breakfast more than an hour after u wake up and I hear it's bad to eat 3 hours before bed. I guess I just need to learn my own body

Yeah, it's a common myth. I don't eat breakfast if I'm not hungry, because it feels like a waste to me and breakfast makes me hungrier throughout the day. It's not your "metabolism starting", it's simply you've triggered a hormonal reaction.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    OP from this post and your banana post I want you to consider that you might be thinking about this all wrong.

Weight loss isn't about beating yourself up, forcing yourself to do things you don't want to do, avoiding all the foods you love...no.

All weight loss is is finding a way to eat at a caloric deficit while being totally comfortable and happy with your life. It just means paying attention to what you are eating and paying attention to how much you are working out and adjusting as needed. You can eat when you want, you can eat what you want as long as you stay on your target.
  • KeishaGettinFit
    Options
    Thanks for the advise
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    If i crave something calorie dense and craving goes on for a few days,i plan a day arround it:smile:
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Nibble on cat food.
  • mowree
    mowree Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Great thread. I agree with everyone's advice. It's not so much as WHAT you eat as it is HOW MUCH you eat. It's too many calories that makes your body store them as fat. Doesn't matter if those calories come from junk food or so-called clean food. Too many calories from either group is still TOO MANY CALORIES.