"If you ate like this every day, you'd weigh"... a question

Options
2»

Replies

• cldmolly
    cldmolly Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    If I could do away with any feature of MFP it might be this one. You for one reason or another go way below your calorie limit for a day, maybe you were busy, maybe you were sick, perhaps just plain ole not hungry. You save your diary. MFP says you could lose a **** load of weight if you kept eating this way. Next thing you know you think it's a good idea to eat at a 50% caloric deficit from maintenance and you are in store for a VERY bumpy ride! I'd 100% completely ignore it. It's wildly inaccurate anyways.

Good point. It could easily draw in someone that doesn't know better.
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Yup, it's borderline dangerous. Thankfully it throws a little warning if you are at REALLY minimal calories.
  • KhatLady
    KhatLady Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Don't even pay attention to that. According to it I should be about 125 pounds by now but I'm a solid 140.
    Yup, it's borderline dangerous. Thankfully it throws a little warning if you are at REALLY minimal calories.

Yup. I use TDEE instead of MFP, so mine says I'll weigh 151. I left that behind well over a month ago and will probably be in the upper/mid 130s in 5 weeks. Just goes to show how you really need to look at the whole picture, not just bits and pieces. If I ate to satisfy that guestimate, I'd be wrecking myself.