Bulky Abs

Options
2»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Okay, no I am not fishing for compliments. I didn't want to post a photo but no one would give me advice until I did. I want my abs to go in, not stick out. Does anyone have any advice on how to accomplish that?? Any ideas on the breathing thing I mentioned earlier? Is it really just from bad posture?
    It's your posture.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Okay, no I am not fishing for compliments. I didn't want to post a photo but no one would give me advice until I did. I want my abs to go in, not stick out. Does anyone have any advice on how to accomplish that?? Any ideas on the breathing thing I mentioned earlier? Is it really just from bad posture?

Abs do not go in more than yours unless you specifically flex them certain ways.
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    You look great! :) definitely wasn't what I imagined when I read the title lol.

Like others said, maybe you could try doing less work on your core if it bothers you too much.
  • la_te_ra_lus
    la_te_ra_lus Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    frank zane had one of the best vacuum poses.. learn this and apply it yourself..

frank-zane-stomach-vacuum.jpg
  • maskedshoo
    maskedshoo Posts: 10
    Options
    I have heard of vacuums, no harm in giving them a try I suppose. Otherwise I guess I'll cut back on the ab work for a while. Thank you for the input from those of you who don't think I have dysmorphia. :)
  • Myfitfutureself
    Myfitfutureself Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6B6ckqTRtfz-1rExcG2cDV3_8rR3K0TLS5rXweiqocFP0aK2k
  • glenmchale
    glenmchale Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Never added a photo before, lets see if this works...
    Photoon5-17-14at1222AM_zpsd2d7d758.jpg

wow, just wow, this is nothing to worry about they look amazing and i know that there are lots of people (men and women) who would kill to have a mid section like yours, embrace it, show it off because it is amazing
  • glenmchale
    glenmchale Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6B6ckqTRtfz-1rExcG2cDV3_8rR3K0TLS5rXweiqocFP0aK2k

lol this^
  • felonebeats
    felonebeats Posts: 433
    Options
    Never added a photo before, lets see if this works...
    Photoon5-17-14at1222AM_zpsd2d7d758.jpg

Nothing wrong there,looking good
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Stop sticking out your stomach and straighten your posture and they'll stop sticking out.