success and thankfulness!!!

Options
balvis3919
balvis3919 Posts: 60 Member
i figure everyone talks about how much they have lost and how they did it but does anyone really discuss what they r thankful for the most or what they have forgotten? i mean for example last july, 2013 my weight was at 232 pounds. it was then i decided to lose and since then i have gone down to 171 pounds. not as well as i could have done in the time given and trust me i gave up plenty of times. but now that i am here i realize that i forgot how so many things felt. like i forgot how good it feels to be ABLE to curl up into a ball in ur favorite chair! to be ABLE to receive a hug and them reach all the way around!! to be ABLE to cuddle on the couch with my kids on not have to have them lay on top of me or almost falling off when they r not even 2 years old! how many of us really notice the small things? idk how many times i have almost cried because i noticed i could do something again! haha im fitting into clothes i have not worn in 9 years! and all my shirts fit like moo moos or baggy, short dresses cause all that fit before was XL or maternity shirts. sorry but i needed to get that out as i dont really have anyone face to face to talk to. lol

Replies

• ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Well done you, I suspect people are loathe to talk about their feelings and experiences that are close to them. Thank you for sharing your experiences and hope you continue to discover many more lost experiences.:drinker:
  • Szysler
    Szysler Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    i think it's really good to focus on the impact of losing weight on our daily lives. At the beginning of our journey the tendency is to focus on the more obvious improvements in health, lower bp, easier breathing, fewer health risks etc.What keeps us on the journey I think, are the smaller things which creep up. on us. I used to not be able to bend over and clean the bath without getting heartburn, now I can weed and dig in the garden without any trouble. Getting in and out of the bath is easier. Yesterday I walked a route that I have not been able to do for 10 years because of the steep climbs and uneven ground - no problem.

I am so pleased for you OP, it may have felt a real struggle at times but just think of how much you will be able to enjoy activities with your little ones - outings, games and children's parties - all without worrying about finding comfortable clothes, being able to run around with them and easily get down to their level to play and comfort. That is a real achievement so be justifiably proud!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • kirili3
    kirili3 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!