Breakfast

Options
2»

Replies

• jordanpat1
    jordanpat1 Posts: 2
    Options
    I eat whole wheat toast with natural peanut butter, it's filling and goes really well with coffee.
  • hayleyhewett93
    Options
    sounds delicious :D
  • hayleyhewett93
    Options
    Haha pizza and ice-cream! I quite often find myself munching on a doughnut or something similar. pancakes are off the menu because the way I make them is ... a little unhealthy :P
  • Rachel_Louise85
    Rachel_Louise85 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Recently I've been having one Multi-grain waffle with 1 tbsp of Natural Peanut Butter, a banana on the side and a cup of green tea. :)
  • TrolleyRide
    TrolleyRide Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    There's nothing unhealthy about pancakes.

Eat pancakes for breakfast if you want. As long as you get all your proteins/fats by the end of the day, there's no reason not to.
  • AtticWindow
    AtticWindow Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I've never tried overnight oats, but I hear good things about it from friends, and it might satisfy your sweet tooth.

There are some recipes here: http://www.buzzfeed.com/arielknutson/overnight-oat-recipes-oatmeal-cold
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Haha pizza and ice-cream! I quite often find myself munching on a doughnut or something similar. pancakes are off the menu because the way I make them is ... a little unhealthy :P

Unhealthy how? You could use skim milk and egg whites to lower fat and calories.

I've made these a couple of times. They're good with sugar free syrup, but you could put anything on them. Sounds gross, but I liked them. 35 cho/4 fat/32 pro

http://www.eatthismuch.com/recipe/view/oatmeal-cottage-cheese-pancakes,6874/
  • mz_tashae_007
    mz_tashae_007 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yogurt Parfait
    1/2 cup Simply balanced Greek vanilla yogurt
    1/4 cup nature valley oats and dark chocolate granola
    1 large strawberry
    4 Blueberries
    195 calories and it keeps me full until lunch time
  • Bluibeth
    Bluibeth Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    These are all great suggestions, keep them coming!!
    Thanx!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • hitmeister
    hitmeister Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've been eating lots of oatmeal. I put some frozen fruit into it before nuking it in the microwave, then I sweeten it with stevia and mix in some ground flax seed or wheat bran. A side of turkey sausage adds protein.

Pancakes are not off the menu for me. I use whole grain pancake mix and egg beaters.
  • josstuff
    josstuff Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Monday through Friday. I eat a bowl of oatmeal, either steel cut or quick cooking oats. Cinnamon, brown sugar. One apple, and some boiled eggs. I literally never get tired of oatmeal, I could eat it all day if I wanted to. Then I load up on coffee, I have a unhealthy obsession with coffee.
    On the weekends I usually always have pancakes or breakfast burritos for breakfast from a restaurant.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,248 Member
    Options
    Pancakes are not in any way unhealthy. Make them fit into your day. It really is not that hard to do.

Heck, I even have mine with REAL butter and syrup. I find that by using the real thing that I can get away with using less. It's about quality, not quantity.
  • WanderingPomme
    WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I just had these for breakfast the past few days! You make them days or the night before! :smile:

Apple Cinnamon Refrigerator Oatmeal

1/4 cup uncooked old fashioned rolled oats
    1/3 cup skim milk
    1/4 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
    1-1/2 teaspoons dried chia seeds
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    1 teaspoon honey, optional (or substitute any preferred sweetener)
    1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce, or enough to fill jar

In a half pint (1 cup) jar, add oats, milk, yogurt, chia seeds, cinnamon and honey. Put lid on jar and shake until well combined. Remove lid, add applesauce and stir until mixed throughout. Return lid to jar and refrigerate overnight or up to 2 days. Eat chilled.

Banana Cocoa Refrigerator Oatmeal

1/4 cup uncooked old fashioned rolled oats
    1/3 cup skim milk
    1/4 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
    1-1/2 teaspoons dried chia seeds
    1 tablespoon cocoa powder
    1 teaspoon honey, optional (or substitute any preferred sweetener)
    1/4 cup diced ripe banana, or enough to fill jar (approx. half of a small banana)

In a half pint (1 cup) jar, add oats, milk, yogurt, chia seeds, cocoa powder and honey. Put lid on jar and shake until well combined. Remove lid, add bananas and stir until mixed throughout. Return lid to jar and refrigerate overnight or up to 2 days. Eat chilled.

So delicious!!!

More recipes here: http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal
  • Rachel_Louise85
    Rachel_Louise85 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm tempted to try an egg beaters omelet. Has anyone had that before? Any good?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    How do you make pancakes healthily?

make them…then eat them…

ETA - what is unhealthy about pancakes?
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I had a couple hard boiled eggs and a couple slices of bacon. 200 calories...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I make protein pancakes... about 400 calories for 7 of them (300 for 4 if I make the ricotta ones, less protein but still delicious). That fits nicely in my diary.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I like protein for breakfast but if you like sweet I make a smoothie with a banana, coconut water (1/2 cup) chocolate protein powder and a tblsp of all natural peanut butter. Filling and delicious. Pancakes are delicious, its the butter and syrup that keep me away from them.