Looking for Meatloaf recipe

Options
Mygsds
Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
Hi everyone... Looking for a good recipe for meatloaf. I don't care if it's pork or beef just anything. Thanks so much in advance.

Replies

• smsavoy
    smsavoy Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    heck out skinnytaste.com, she has a lit of great meatloaf recipes. My family and I love her turkey meatloaf.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Bacon -Wrapped BBQ Meatloaf (from Emilybites.com)

3/4 lb(12 oz.) 95% lean ground beef
    3/4 lb (12oz) extra lean ground turkey ( I used Jennie-O brand)
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    5 Tablespoons BBQ sauce, divided (I used Stubb's orginal)
    1 Tablespoon mustard
    1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper
    12 fat free saltine crackers, crushed into crumbs
    1 large egg
    8 strips raw turkey bacon ( I used Oscar Meyer brand)

Directions:

1. Pre heat the oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
    2. In a large bowl, combine the beef and turkey and mush together until combined. Add the onion, 3 tbsp. of the bbq sauce, mustard, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, saltine crumbs and egg and lightly mix together. Do not over handle.
    3. Transfer the meat mixture to the lined baking sheet and form into a 9'x5" loaf. Lay the strips of bacon in a row to cover the top of the meatloaf, each one slightly overlapping the piece before it. Tuck the ends of the bacon strips underneath the bottom of the meatloaf. Using a silicone pastry brush, brush the remaining 2 Tbsp. of bbq sauce over the entire loaf. Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes or until your meat thermometer reads 160 degrees. Cut into 12 even slices and serve.

Yield 6 (2 slice) servings
    238 calories 9g carbs, 9g fat , 29g protein 1g fiber

I have made this recipe many times it is fantastic :smile:
  • MonsterSugarBug
    Options
    My own personal Meatloaf
    Mix all ingredients together. Spray your pan or line with tinfoil, I use nonstick cooking spray, form a loaf and place it in the pan. Bake at 350 for 1 hour
    Makes 8 4oz servings

Ingredients
    Beef - Ground, 90% lean meat / 10% fat, raw (hamburger), 1 lb
    Bob Evans - Pork Sausage - Zesty Hot 16 oz Roll, 1 container (12 oz ea.)
    Kraft - Stove Top Everyday Stuffing (Dry Mix), 1/2 cup (dry) 110 3 460 20 0 3 Ico_delete
    Hunt's Tomato Sauce - Hunt's Tomato Sauce No Salt Added (8 oz Can), 1 container (9/10 cup (62g) ea.)
    Eggs - Whole, raw, 1 medium

Per Serving: Calories: 265, Fat: 18, Sodium: 494, Carbs: 5, Fiber: 1, Protein: 21

I have a lot of people ask me for the recipe, especially when we patty it up and grill it over charcoal! Hope this helps.
  • jeansuza
    jeansuza Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Check on internet for "Harissa meat loaf with coriander mash" . I didn't try the mash but this loaf recipe was simply the best I've ever done. DH and kids agree. Good luck!
  • Mygsds
    Options
    Gosh.. These sound awesome.. Knew I could count on you.. Thanks to all..mine just never tastes right!!!
  • cadaver0usb0nes
    cadaver0usb0nes Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have a vegetarian mealoaf recipe that my boyfriend says tastes even better than real meatloaf...

I made it with the "go lean ground sausage" and not the "Beef" and it was actually AMAZING & really low cal.

http://www.lightlife.com/Vegetarian-Recipes-Vegan-Recipes/Veggie-Meatloaf-with-Roasted-Potatoes-231.html

Ingredients:
    Meatloaf:
    1 package (14 oz) Lightlife® Gimme Lean® Beef
    8 slices (1-inch thick) Italian bread
    1/2 cup coarsely chopped Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
    3 large cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
    1 medium sweet onion, coarsely chopped
    1 medium carrot, finely chopped
    1 egg or vegan egg replacer (Ener-G or other)
    1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1 cup marinara sauce, homemade or a good jarred sauce
    Potatoes:
    1 1/4 pounds assorted small red, white and blue potatoes (or other combination), cut in half
    4 large cloves garlic, sliced
    1 extra-virgin olive oil (or lemon infused olive oil)
    1/2 tsp. salt

Center the oven rack. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a large roasting pan with nonstick canola or other cooking spray.

Prepare the soy meatloaf: Place the bread in a bowl. Cover with hot tap water. When it is cool enough to handle, squeeze out as much water as you can. Turn the bread into a bowl. Add Gimme Lean® Beef, parsley, garlic, onion, carrot, egg, oil and salt. Mix well using your hands to combine the ingredients. Place the mixture in the center of the prepared roasting pan. Using your hands, form the mixture into a loaf about 8x5 inches. Pat the loaf smooth. Spoon the marinara sauce over the loaf.

Prepare the potatoes: Place the potatoes and the garlic into a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste; toss to combine. Arrange the potatoes in the toasting pan around the soy meatloaf. Spray a sheet of foil large enough to cover the pan with nonstick oil spray, then cover the pan tightly with the sprayed side down to prevent sticking. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, then remove the foil and continue baking for another 35 minutes or until the potatoes are nicely browned and fork-tender.
  • Mygsds
    Options
    Thank you..
  • dmike03
    dmike03 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have a Lean Turkey Meatloaf under the recipe section on my profile. It tastes delicious and is healthy!
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I make this a lot and people seem to love it. I posted the recipe a few months back so I'm just copying and pasting from my old thread. The recipe is for my Mozzarella Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf. Fyi this recipe serves 3 to 4 ppl at most so adjust ingredients accordingly if you're making a bigger loaf.

1 pound of 93/7 ground beef
    1 cup chopped white onion
    1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
    1 1/2 tbsp of chopped garlic
    4 large egg whites
    Salt and ground black pepper
    3/4 cup panko Italian style breadcrumb
    1 cup beef broth
    1 1/2 cup of 2% shredded mozzarella cheese (fresh mozz is yummy too, but sometimes I'm poor and have to settle for the cheaper stuff)
    6-8 slices of bacon (I use low sodium, but you can use reg..just never turkey cuz you're RUINING IT)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a roasting pan with cooking spray. In a mixing bowl, add beef, onions, peppers, garlic, egg whites, breadcrumbs, stock, salt, and pepper. Using your clean hands blend mixture together. Add mixture to roasting pan and flatten. Once it's flattened add mozzarella cheese to the center..form a loaf over the cheese. Once it's formed take your bacon strips and wrap around the loaf spreading about an inch a part and tucking the edges under the bottom of the loaf. Place in the center of the oven and bake for about an hour, remove and add brown gravy to the top (I make my own gravy but you can use store bought as well). Bake for another 20 minutes at 300 degrees to let the gravy soak in.
  • slinne
    slinne Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • nyiballs
    nyiballs Posts: 147
    Options
    I keep it simple and can get a good chunk of meatloaf for under 300 cal

This makes two servings:
    8 oz 93/7 ground turkey
    1/4 cup bread crumbs
    1 egg white
    1 puréed red pepper
    1 diced onion
    2 tbsp yellow mustard
    Salt and pepper to season

Mix em up and cook at 350 for 35-40 minutes.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Go to all recipes. com type in remple family recipe substitute ranch powder mix for onion soup mix . Awesome.

edit.... it's remple family
  • wickedpursuit
    wickedpursuit Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    2 lb ground beef
    1/2 medium onion, chopped (use a whole one if you really like onion!)
    2 eggs
    1/4-1/2 c. plain bread crumbs (enough to make it stick together but not dry)
    2-3 Tbsp. Dale's Seasoning (or Worcestershire sauce!)
    Italian Seasoning (to taste)
    Garlic powder (to taste)
    Salt and pepper (also to taste)

For those 'to taste' entries, I go by smell; if it smells appropriately garlicky or seasoning-y or the like, then I call it good.

Squish together with lots of silly noises, shape into one big loaf or two small loaves and shove in appropriate pan(s). Bake at 350 until done. I usually squirt a little ketchup on the top before they're totally done, but not always!
  • Karababy51
    Karababy51 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Stuffed Meatloaf (via Nick Stellino)

3 cups chicken stock
    2 cups tomato sauce

Meatloaf Mixture:
    1 cup day-old bread
    1 cup milk
    ½ pound ground veal
    ½ pound ground pork
    ½ pound ground beef
    ½ cup Parmesan cheese
    ½ cup chopped onion
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon pepper
    1 egg

Stuffing:
    3 thin slices ham
    4 boiled eggs
    1 cup grated provolone cheese

Pour the chicken stock and tomato sauce into a large pot and bring to a boil over medium heat.

To prepare the Meatloaf Mixture:

To a bowl, add the bread and the milk. Let the bread steep in the milk for 20 minutes. Then, using your hands, squeeze out the milk and discard it.

Add the moistened bread mixture to a larger bowl along with all the other ingredients for the meatloaf mixture. Mix well, using your hands, until the ingredients are homogeneously mixed.

Lay out several sheets of cheesecloth, one on top of the other, and flatten the meatloaf mixture on top of them. The mixture should be about ½ inch thick. Place the slices of ham lengthwise over the middle of the mixture. Place the eggs in a line down the center, and sprinkle the provolone cheese alongside the eggs.

Using the cheesecloth as a guide, delicately roll the meat mixture over the center stuffing and form it into a log shape. Wrap the meatloaf tightly with the cheesecloth. Tie a knot at each end of the cloth and then tie the log up like a salami, using some kitchen string.

Place the stuffed meatloaf into the boiling tomato sauce mixture in the pot. Cover and reduce the heat to a simmer. Let simmer for 45 minutes, turning the meatloaf every 20 minutes. Then let it rest in the pot until it is cool enough to handle; overnight in the refrigerator would be best.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Using a pair of scissors, carefully cut the cheesecloth and the kitchen string to unveil the meatloaf. Cut into slices about 1 inch thick.

Bake in a covered baking dish for roughly 15 minutes, or until the loaf reaches an internal temperature of 155 degrees. While the meatloaf is cooking, bring the sauce to a boil and cook for 5 more minutes until it reduces by a third. Reduce heat to low and keep warm.

Take the meatloaf out of the oven. Serve each slice of meatloaf with some sauce on the side.

Serves 4-6

I personally have not tried this yet, I just saw the episode on his cooking show and looked up the recipe on his website. But, it looks absolutely DELICIOUS! Here's a link to a video of him making this recipe if you'd like to watch it. I just love this guy, he's so down to Earth and funny! :)

http://www.nickstellino.com/Recipes/Menu/Recipe/Video.aspx?v=310a&men=30
  • 4flamingoz
    4flamingoz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    This is the most moist flavorful recipe I have EVER had! I used rice chex that I have crushed and spiced up. Good luck

Parmesan Meatloaf {Gluten Free}

slightly adapted from Full Bellies Make Happy Kids

1 lb ground turkey
    1 lb ground beef
    2 eggs
    1/4 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
    1/2 teaspoon dried basil
    1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
    1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
    1-2 cloves garlic, finely minced
    1 small onion, grated
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    1/2 cup marinara pasta sauce (homemade here, minus the meat)
    1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
    minced parsley for garnish

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a loaf pan (I used a regular glass loaf dish as in the photo above) with cooking spray, set aside.

In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey and beef, eggs, breadcrumbs, thyme, oregano, basil, garlic, onion, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Try not over handle the mixture otherwise it will get tough. Place the mixture in the greased loaf pan and form into a loaf. Top the meatloaf with pasta sauce.

Place filled loaf pan on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes - 1 hour. Remove the meatloaf from the oven and sprinkle the top with the remaining shredded cheese. Place the meatloaf back in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted.
    Remove the meatloaf from the oven and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving/slicing. Garnish with parsley if desired.

*(new cooking time added, mine usually takes 1 hr for 2 lbs meat)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I only do this one now

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/old-fashioned-meat-loaf-aka-basic-meatloaf-recipe.html

It's pretty low cal with lean beef, very moist and just delicious (plus it has veggies in it too!).
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I only do this one now

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/old-fashioned-meat-loaf-aka-basic-meatloaf-recipe.html

It's pretty low cal with lean beef, very moist and just delicious (plus it has veggies in it too!).

Her's son's Lightened up version is really good too.
  • williskh0
    williskh0 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I make a pretty good turkey meatloaf and everyone loves it and it happens to be lower fat too! The only thing is I am not a person that measures my spices and what not. But here's the gist of what I do:

1-2lb ground turkey (leaner the better)
    1-2 eggs (dep on how much turkey; 1egg/1b)
    1/2-1c oatmeal (this is my bread substitute)
    onion, chopped
    bell pepper, chopped
    1-can cream of mushroom (I use 1/2 inside of meatloaf and the other half mixed w/ a little water for the top)
    Seasonings of your choice (I use garlic powder, onion powder, light seasoning salt, light pepper)

I tend to be heavier with the powders. Just remember turkey doesnt' require much because it takes very little to taste it.

Very simple and delish! Mold it in your pan and put in oven on 350 and bake for 35-45 min dep on the size. Hope this helps.
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    THIS: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/09/my-favorite-meatloaf/

It's not healthy at all but it's soooo delicious!!
  • Pamela_in_Progress
    Pamela_in_Progress Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Bump for the recipes!