195 pounds in two years! What a difference! With pics.

Options

Replies

• jennalennafur
    jennalennafur Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely lovely! Good job!
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Great job! You've done an amazing job! Congrats!
  • IcanIwill1
    IcanIwill1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Self esteem is overrated.
    Like Nike will say.."Just Do It" believe me the great self esteem will follow.

There is a billion dollar industry out there, for people who need to lose weight.
    You, little you...yep "little" you, single handedly with MFP, slayed the big big dragon of morbid obesity.
    My dear, its nothing to be sneezed at.
    That is all the self esteem you need.
    The rest is detail.

Well done.
    You absolutely rock.
    like we say here in good ole Blighty
    Brilliant.
  • 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, what weight loss doesn't fix and how to fix it. You have an exemplary attitude and you look so cute too! Well done!
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    You have done GREAT!!! Congrats!!! :flowerforyou:
  • keepmovinstrong
    keepmovinstrong Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation. Congratulations!!! You are an inspiration and seeing your accomplishment I believe I can make it to my goal too. :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • ColdPlum
    ColdPlum Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    What an amazing achievement!! Clearly, you must love yourself enough to have worked so hard to get where you are today. While we all struggle with issues of self esteem, I understand how disappointing it must be to have eradicated it along with the weight. Here are a few suggestions (and I don't know you, so these are pretty general)

1. A daily mindfulness mediation alters our neurology from shame/trauma systems to more regulated (calm) responses. A mindfulness meditation is 10 min of just noticing something (the breath) without judgement. This is just has as much impact on the brain as medication for depression and anxiety. I'm happy to expound more on the science of this if you're interested, I just don't want to bore anybody here.

2. When you can't FEEL loving towards yourself, try compassion instead. Compassion is a thought, not a feeling, and is easier to access when you are feeling down. Compassion is just a wish that you (or someone else) not have to suffer. See if you can find that for yourself with the negative self-talk gets to be too much.

3. This would be a fantastic issue for group therapy!

4. Get curious about what is going on for you that your body has been a surrogate for. You disconnected from your body for years...why? What else did you need to avoid? Feelings? a history? You might find a path to healing there....

Best of luck!!!!
  • lwestmill
    lwestmill Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You would think I would be ecstatic to have reached my goal. This how I had figured out that day anyway but I was not. I was proud of course but very sad because my body is not looking the way I thought it would, or should or could. Should I lose 5 pounds more? Would that loss fill the hole in my heart? Where is the stop line? There is a beast in me that is called low self-esteem and it is still very hungry, famished and ugly. Appeasing that monster was one of the goals that I had set up on my MFP profile on May 6, 2012, and it hasn’t been achieved yet. So I was sad…

First off, congrats. You have done what some many have set out to do and are an inspiration to all of us.

You look fantastic!!

Secondly, quoted above - I get it, 100% and I haven't even lost the half of what you have. Your heart will fill, your self esteem will come, and you will fight all those demons. I thought all my issues were because of my weight, and boy they weren't. Times were hard as I realized this and worked on myself - I cried, I smiled, I laughed.. but I got thru it and you will too!!!! Good luck!

Yep! What she said too! : )
  • djrn144
    djrn144 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You have really inspired me, I have been struggling lately and gained some weight back. I admire your honesty and perseverance, thank you!
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Ooooooooooooooh Jeannie! You are simply AMAZING and such an inspiration to me always! Tres bien, ma cherie!! xo
  • StacyRenee77
    StacyRenee77 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!
  • losingit39
    losingit39 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am so unbelievably motivated and inspired by your greatness and outlook on your journey.....wow !!!
  • Itlngrl
    Itlngrl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a transformation!! Congratulations :)
  • Polishprinsezz
    Polishprinsezz Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    this post really makes my day. you are a true success and beautiful person. you are at my goal weight and this accomplishment you obtained gives me even more inspiration to continue. just know you have made a difference in more ways than one. congrats!
  • PurpleCupcakes01
    Options
    Ah mazing!!!!!!! Great job!
  • BuildaBetterBody4
    Options
    You look fabulous! Remember beauty is on the inside and IR sounds you me you have always been and always will be beautiful.
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Speechless

Congrats,and wish you a beautiful life ahead
  • LULUREBEL
    LULUREBEL Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing!
  • br0hammer
    br0hammer Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Standing Ovation !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!