195 pounds in two years! What a difference! With pics.

Options

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is too unreal! Congrats OP!

Inorite? I have an aunt that lost over 200 lbs in her 60's but it was by dropping my uncle through divorce! LOL. Then she she turned right around and remarried. Big changes for a woman her age. It was a MAJOR adjustment for her just like OP she wondered if she was up to it because of the number attached to her age, but she powered through it because she felt she HAD to after years of being unhappy and she is very happy now. I'm sure OP will be able to meet her challenges the same way because having done all this it's clear she knows the importance and has all her stores of strength within to draw from. Change is hard at any age, but we only get one life and we have to make it work for us.

BTW OP, your scarf us super cute.
  • RabbitLost
    RabbitLost Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Your accomplishments is only exceeded by your attitude and openness. I thank you for post and I congratulate on your achievements.
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Wow... What a journey! You are amazing and you should be proud of the hard work and struggle you have been through. Keep smiling !!!
  • camoani
    camoani Posts: 14
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations! You have motivated me!
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Beautifully written by a beautiful woman! Great work :)
  • mirene13
    mirene13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! WOW!!!! & WOW!!! You are BEAUTIFUL!!!! But then you always were. The most amazing part of your transformation is the light that shines from your face in your today pictures. Wonderful.
    I am so glad to have met you in my once more beginning struggle. I want to lose weight before my wedding this summer and you have inspired me. I have been struggling and sabotaging and sliding. No spring chicken here either so you have given me some encouragement to stick to it.
    THANK YOU!!!! And keep on truckin' lady....you are amazing and inspiring!!!!:love:
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Well done OP. Thank you so much for your honesty.

When asked about my weight loss, after about 20 years of being close to 300lbs (pretty much all of my adult life), I tend to respond "it's..........complicated". Of course it's wonderful, for all of the obvious reasons, but like any life change (even good ones), it's very very complex.
  • midnightjogger
    midnightjogger Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are truly an inspiration to us all who are still on that journey and have a long ways to go! So nice to see those pictures of success and what can be achieved if you stay disciplined!
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job - you look great! I have no doubt that with your self knowledge and the enormous discipline it must take to lose so much weight, you will learn to maintain your weightloss and overcome that negative self image. You should feel very proud of the person you are, regardless of your weight!
  • Embracing_My_Life
    Options
    Incredible change!! Thanks for sharing your story & your thoughts... congrats on your success!! :smile:
  • xMermaidx
    xMermaidx Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Enjoyed reading your story so much! How wonderful! You look amazing, congratulations!
  • cyrena13
    cyrena13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Your story is so inspiring!
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • lardbut1960
    lardbut1960 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Zowie!
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You are the master of your destiny!:smile:
  • chimechonga
    chimechonga Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank You for sharing your journey. Congrats!
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!! Good luck with maintenance; I love what you posted from your friend...
  • eatmindfully
    eatmindfully Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You look so beautiful and healthy!!!! I hope you are enjoying the rewards of your commitment and dedication to change. For so many women our self esteem is tied to how we look and no matter how thin or fit you are it can still eat away at your happiness. It's a societal illness not yours.

I hope you find what you need to fill that inner hunger-through meaningful connections, service, and love of yourself and others. You rock!
  • SheilaParker
    SheilaParker Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome job!
  • Valencia123456
    Valencia123456 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I just told someone yesterday that I am happy that I was fat first. (God, has a reason for everything!! :) ) Then I know how to appreciate what I have become and I appreciate that I am a better, stronger person coming from ridicule from having to become stronger than the few negative people in my life. I am able to enjoy where I am now, all the more!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!