195 pounds in two years! What a difference! With pics.

Options

Replies

• PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    OP states:

From now on, I refrain from:

Negative thoughts
    Critical or gloomy people
    Whatever stops my smiling
    Whatever keeps me from sleeping at night
    Whatever darkens my mood
    Whatever undermines my self-confidence and causes me anxiety
    Whatever throws a spanner in the works!

Good list! It really will help you in everything you do! You look fantastic! I'm glad you're happy (even if a bit nervous) to start a new, healthier chapter in your life!
  • oChristyo
    oChristyo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Wow! Wow! Wow! What an amazing accomplishment. You look fabulous!!
  • ninja8tofu
    ninja8tofu Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job! You look so much younger! What a great inspiration you are! Thanks so much for sharing.
  • ianthy
    ianthy Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    wow - you look amazing.
  • janicemitchellcross
    janicemitchellcross Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Such a wonderful post very honest and inspiring. Good luck on maintainance :flowerforyou:
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    WOW!! You are one beautiful lady, and you look so happy and so incredible! Way to go!

:flowerforyou:
  • jenmarie2012
    jenmarie2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!! :love: Congratulations on your accomplishment! :flowerforyou:
  • Angela_2_Oh
    Angela_2_Oh Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Thank you for sharing. You look fabulous and I hope you feel it, too. :)
  • bombshellcertification
    bombshellcertification Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your honest and encouraging post. There is such a spark of vibrancy, courage and love in your eyes...they are wide open & awake...it must be a little adjustment to say the least from the outside looking in, Im for sure the inside too is catching up with all the changes of heart and otherwise. Be proud you have accomplished your goals and have much life to live!!! Be Blessed, Lisa

I hope to show the same courage, vibrancy & love with my own challenges--weight & life in general. Awesome, and so inspiring :) You are the real deal! Your post is a gift --it suffering & joy to get results and maintain...
  • lisajanrose
    Options
    Really amazing. Hearing about your journey is inspiring and heart warming.
  • reviewboy
    reviewboy Posts: 13
    Options
    Fantastic work! You've accomplished an amazing journey, and I'm inspired. Thank you for posting this.
  • loriemn
    loriemn Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You are AWESOME!!!!!
  • redles13
    redles13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Can only say, OUTFREAKINGSTANDING!!! I am encouraged and humbled by your words and journey...
  • berwick13
    berwick13 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration to all of us. Congrats . on creating the NEW YOU.
  • lwestmill
    lwestmill Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I asked the question to all my friends on my MFP site, was there anyone who hit the mark and was maintaining? I asked, how did it feel, and what were their thoughts. I guess I hadn't any friends on my site that had succeeded. You have gotten to the end of the rope and you were true to your feelings. I read every word on the edge of my seat.

You did succeed and I want to learn from your message. I need to retrain my feelings about myself starting today. I hope you can bring yourself to the joys of life in that is all around you. My husband is a true believer in positive thoughts. He thanks the Lord every day he wakes and thanks him every night. He looks outside and enjoys the grass, plants, sky, sun, and even the rain and snow! For the last 20 years, I always thought he was a bit crazy. I felt my weight was my problem as well as many on this site probably do.

Being successful allows you to share with others. Being successful allows you to fit in with the critical skinny world. Being successful will allow you to find the true you and leave the weight issue behind. You did succeed! Thank you so much for sharing and giving all of us inspiration.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    You would think I would be ecstatic to have reached my goal. This how I had figured out that day anyway but I was not. I was proud of course but very sad because my body is not looking the way I thought it would, or should or could. Should I lose 5 pounds more? Would that loss fill the hole in my heart? Where is the stop line? There is a beast in me that is called low self-esteem and it is still very hungry, famished and ugly. Appeasing that monster was one of the goals that I had set up on my MFP profile on May 6, 2012, and it hasn’t been achieved yet. So I was sad…

First off, congrats. You have done what some many have set out to do and are an inspiration to all of us.

You look fantastic!!

Secondly, quoted above - I get it, 100% and I haven't even lost the half of what you have. Your heart will fill, your self esteem will come, and you will fight all those demons. I thought all my issues were because of my weight, and boy they weren't. Times were hard as I realized this and worked on myself - I cried, I smiled, I laughed.. but I got thru it and you will too!!!! Good luck!
  • LoriLoves2Run
    Options
    Amazing transformation in the whole you. Congratulations.
  • cathdrew2
    cathdrew2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and thanks for sharing!
  • rainbowunicorns720
    rainbowunicorns720 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! What a transformation! Incredible job! Congratulations! You look amazing!
  • joan23_us
    joan23_us Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    dvssr5.gif

For the third day in a row, I saw this number on the scale, 135! So I guess this is it. Today, May 16, 2014, I must make it official. My two-year quest has landed. My goal was to lose 195 pounds and it is done. For those who are just starting and those who are stalling, and for the ones that have tried every diet in the world but don’t believe they can do it, there’s hope! Yes, it is doable…
    Just dieting and exercising.
    And persevering.
    And trying out things.
    And going on,
    and on.
    And reading.
    And observing.
    And writing.
    And sharing.
    And listening.
    And encouraging others.
    And loving.

ll9qt.gif

You would think I would be ecstatic to have reached my goal. This how I had figured out that day anyway but I was not. I was proud of course but very sad because my body is not looking the way I thought it would, or should or could. Should I lose 5 pounds more? Would that loss fill the hole in my heart? Where is the stop line? There is a beast in me that is called low self-esteem and it is still very hungry, famished and ugly. Appeasing that monster was one of the goals that I had set up on my MFP profile on May 6, 2012, and it hasn’t been achieved yet. So I was sad…

But I was first and foremost scared to death that I have to change something I feel familiar with, losing weight. Maintaining, I have never done before, not even tried. I have always been obese except for 2-3 short periods of my life when I was probably “just” overweight. I say probably because I spent years not looking at myself, avoiding mirrors and scales. And I am still a BIG girl in my mind. At 52, can I really change my behaviors and attitudes? Probably so, to some extent. Some of the changes have been underway since 2 years. For the rest, I will just try to do what I did when I started this journey: I will aim for small steps, and forgiveness, and enjoy a healthy life, one day at a time, one day after the other…

Very suddenly, today, I felt like if I were flying solo, leaving home for the first time, free in the BIG adult world. Like when I got off the bus a very long time ago, at 6 o’clock, in a BIG new town, with a huge handbag on one side and my horn on the other. But I am a big girl now (well, not so BIG, pardon the pun), and I know I am ready for a new and beautiful life tailored just as I want it to be. I am the master of my destiny. I just need to time to adjust...not being BIG… anymore…

2uepsgh.jpg

Anyway, borrowed from a friend, there is a part of my lifetime maintenance diet:

From now on, I refrain from:

Negative thoughts
    Critical or gloomy people
    Whatever stops my smiling
    Whatever keeps me from sleeping at night
    Whatever darkens my mood
    Whatever undermines my self-confidence and causes me anxiety
    Whatever throws a spanner in the works!

In 5 weeks, if all days are the same
    I will have lost 10 pounds in discomfort and illness.
    I will have gained 10 pounds in quality of life and happiness.

And remember: If “A” plan fails, there are 25 more letters in the alphabet!

Thanks to all my dear MFP friends for your support day after day! Without you, I don’t know if I would have succeeded! The journey was so much more interesting and inspiring with you. I drink to your health and happiness. Santé!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR SUCCESS.... now get out there in enjoy life more! although comeback here once in a while to help out other people doing the same journey you did... BUMP FOR MORE PEOPLE TO SEE ;) AGAIN GREAT JOB!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!