Does it not bug anyone the repetitive nature of questions?

Options
13»

Replies

• geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    OP posts question about the annoyance of repetitive questions, doesn't realize this is a repetitive question.
    Precisely my thought - I've seen threads like this pop up all the time :).
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Questions don't bother me. Horrible spelling and grammar on the other hand...
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    OP posts question about the annoyance of repetitive questions, doesn't realize this is a repetitive question.

It's like repetitive inception and Groundhog Day all in one.

Yes, I know I posted something similar this morning, but if the whole place is repetitive, I guess I need to be, too.
  • yungibear
    yungibear Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    With the mindset you have, you would think that teachers, professors, and other helping professionals would get annoyed by all the repetitive questions they get. It's an opportunity to inform so we can continue growing a community of knowledgeable users. We've all been there, and sometimes, the search function just doesn't come up with what we need. Maybe that person thinks their situation is unique (most of the time, it isn't).

It doesn't help when someone asks a question that has been asked many times before, and have people respond, "Oh man, here it goes again. You're TOTALLY the first one to ask this question." They may just not come back for information with that attitude and risk injury because they don't feel welcomed to ask questions here.

To make a long answer short, no, I am not bothered. I just hope that people listen and take in the advice they ask for.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    repetitive questions help me loose wait
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bug me at all. There is a learning curve for everyone. People are just beginning here all the time and trying to learn their way.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Precisely my thought - I've seen threads like this pop up all the time :).

I thought the same thing but then I noticed the immediate delivery of misinformation and just couldn't stop chuckling.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

• sillyduckmoose
    sillyduckmoose Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What strikes me as more pointless than the repetitive questions is the "would you ______ the person above you/spank, date, dump, whatever to the person above you/person above you profession/name, etc?" These are posted constantly--no, I don't look at them anymore. As for the repetitive questions, I'm a little more lenient, esp if a noobie is inquiring. Sure, the Search can be implemented. Besides, on this site, just how esoteric does one want the inquiries??

THIS! I don't mind pointless threads just to have fun but when there's a million threads that are the "Spank, date, dump, etc etc etc. the person above you?", it just drives me crazy.

I do use the search function when I'm looking for some specific and like someone else pointed everyone's situation is different. It may be a similar question but it's not always the same answer.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Repetitive no. Everyone starts somewhere. What gets me is the ones who ask, get a real answer that the don't like so then they argue, get snotty, and then get REALLY biotchy. Lots of us here do know a thing or two, and also have a sense of humor. Accept it. If you didn't want advice, why did you ask? We aren't here to blow sunshine up your skirt.
  • BurntCoffee
    BurntCoffee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I love the "I just can't eat my 1200 cal. I'm too stuffed" yet you look at their ticker and they're like 200lbs overweight. Just insane how many of those are posted.

I don't expect everyone to understand this kind of thing because everyone is different. I got to be overweight from eating food that had tons of calories in it (candies, sodas etc). Once I started eating healthier foods I started to eat real food that fills me up quickly without a bazillion calories. I also started drinking tons of water instead of sodas and waiting 20 minutes before eating more. I'm learning to eat all of the nutrients I need to eat instead of a big ole pack of sour stuffed twizzlers that left me craving even more crap food even though it had 1064 calories in a bag. I am also really intent on making the right choices for myself now and I worry that if I make a misstep just to get extra calories it might lead me towards justifying eating junk.

I'm not used to this sensation of being satisfied. It feels great, but It's a whole different level of understanding how my body works. If you can't handle that then don't read posts from people asking for help getting to 1200. Why not just bypass them if you know they are something that annoys you? I've never asked the 1200 calorie question but I DO have to really think about what I can eat to get to my 1280. Those threads offer some really wonderful insight from people that truly do want to help people like me and I really appreciate it.

So for those of you that patiently answer all of our questions without being annoyed I really want to THANK YOU for being so kind to us. I certainly vow to never forget that I too asked silly questions and will try to help others as much as possible once I feel comfortable doing so. You're all angels. My Fitness Pal angels.

Edite/Corrected: I got this way from eating way too much of foods that has tons of calories. I can still have candy. I just have to work it into my calories and probably don't need to eat the entire bag.
  • gotolam
    gotolam Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Repetitive questions, no. Repetitive answers. OMFG yes. There tends to be a need for people to pile on a particular question and respond with exact same answers over and over again. Seriously. Read the thread. If you want to throw down TLDR, there's probably no reason for you to get involved in the question at hand.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I loveeeeeeee it! The repetition titillates me.

IN! for titillates...

wheeeeeeeee!!!!! Yesyesyesyesyes!

tumblr_lz3km3PhNN1r1rua2o1_400.jpg

The search feature is our friend but maybe someone new isn't familiar with the program so it's not a big deal to me. Those who constantly give carpy advice annoys the heck out of me. You know the "everything is evil" group. :devil:
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    No cause I need something to do at work
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Questions don't bother me. Horrible spelling and grammar on the other hand...
    You mean like the people who say IV not I've, ur not you're

They're, there, their.....ur gonna be ok! That's my advise to you. mmmmmm, k? :laugh:
  • Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Doesn't bother me. Its a free site & as long as people are learning to take better care of themselves, who cares if they ask a repetitive question?

me thinks the question is a bit judgey......
  • Ranocchia
    Ranocchia Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have one repetitive question: why do so many spell "lose" as "loose"?

^^This

"What strikes me as more pointless than the repetitive questions is the "would you ______ the person above you/spank, date, dump, whatever to the person above you/person above you profession/name, etc?"

^^And this (sorry I didn't quote this)