9 Months 108 pounds....How to stop?

Options
In August 2013 I weighed in at 266 pounds and I am only 5'6" tall which put me into the morbidly obese range I believe. Thats when I noticed I was loosing weight and started keeping track by tracking my weight loss as well as a picture journel. It is now May 2014 and I have lost 108 pounds, I look great but I am starting to get concerned. See I started loosing weight with out trying, I am not sure what I am doing and not sure when or where I will stop. I haven't weighed this little since I was in high school (which was quite some time ago lol) does anyone have any suggestions as to why I have lost soo much weight in a relatively short amount of time?

Replies

• coboltpunch
    coboltpunch Posts: 15
    Options
    Give yourself a break. You earned all that weight loss. There isn't anything wrong with working the weight off quickly.
  • nicegy2400
    nicegy2400 Posts: 10
    Options
    Thank you! Oddly enough, now is when I feel like going to the gym every day, where as before I didn't want to do anything.
  • CcastleX
    CcastleX Posts: 1
    Options
    If you haven't been trying to lose weight (exercise, dietary changes, etc), and you've lost over 100lbs int he course of a year, you should see a doctor. That much weight loss could be a symptom of quite a few things, including Diabetes; most things can be treated or corrected but the earlier you go in and get checked out the more likely you can correct the issue.

On the other hand... congrats on the weight loss :)
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Gradually increase your intake until your weight loss ceases. IF you cannot stop the weight loss, see a doctor to make sure something like your thyroid or other disorder may be to blame. Most likely, it will cease with increased calories.
  • nicegy2400
    Options
    Thank you, I agree seeing a doctor would probably be the best thing, although there is a part of me that kinda wants to see where it leads lol. As I said I haven't looked/felt like this since I was a teen jock. I do have some medical issues that could be a contributing factor but i know that its not diabeties or my thyroid and I am just a little concerned at what the other options could be :(
  • Chris_Pierce
    Chris_Pierce Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Go to a doctor and make sure that you are not dying. Then you can see where this is going.
  • AllMyUsernamesRTaken
    AllMyUsernamesRTaken Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Up your calories to where your current size, age, height and activity level is. Google for a calculator on how much to eat daily for your weight, etc. Good Luck.
  • AllMyUsernamesRTaken
    AllMyUsernamesRTaken Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Oh and CONGRATS!!!! On your weight loss!!!

And yeah like the other posters said, to be on the safe side get a doctor to thoroughly check you out, including blood work.
  • nicegy2400
    Options
    Thank's to you all, I wish everyone the greatest success! I think I will take the advice and see what is going on now, that whole dying word is not very appealing. Hell I can't die now, that would just really suck lol
  • elle_321
    elle_321 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    did you join a gym and start eating healthier or are you telling us that you did absolutely nothing different and suddenly started losing weight?? If that is the case you need to go to the doctors immediately. no waiting to see where it leads as it may lead to death!!! It could be cancer, it could be anything. GO TO THE DOCTOR.
    If you have lost it through exercise then good on you but, you didn't lose weight without trying, if that is the case.
  • yungibear
    yungibear Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Yes, it isn't a good idea to self-diagnose yourself and say it isn't this or that... since you haven't been trained in medicine. I sure hope everything is okay, though. Please make a visit to your doctor as soon as you can, since it is is pretty hard to have sudden, rapid weight loss and not be intentional about it.
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I think dying was a bit dramatic. The truth is if you go to the doctor, many illnesses are treatable. If you choose not to go, the problem can escalate and become out of hand. You should be going for regular check ups anyways, so you're probably due for one anyways.
  • nicegy2400
    Options
    I origionally attributited the weight loss to extreme stress as I was working 7 days a week, 16 hour days, being a single father to two boys and dealing with the drama of an evil ex wife. However since January I started a new job which is great with normal hours, the baby mama drama stoped with a swift court order, still a single father but its a lot easier now. I really haven't done anything different I don't consume an enormous amount of calories a day but its the same as I was taking in while I gained the weight. I am due for a check up as its been about a year however the last time I went I was tested for diabeties and a whole bunch of other things, as I do have an auto immune disorder. However as I mentioned I actually feel the best I have felt in years and years, I'm up with the sun every day, instead of sleeping the day away, loaded with energy. I do apreciate the input from everyone :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!