Are your friends helpful?

Options

Replies

• Peacockbutterfly
    Peacockbutterfly Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I attribute a great deal of my success to the wonderful friends I have made on this site so far. It is motivating to have people going thru the same things and inspiring when they do well. It is very nice to have a support system. I tend to be a pretty private person but have found comfort in sharing things with my friends on here. I also find myself consistently checking my news feed to see what they are up to and it keeps me thinking about positive things. Feel free to add me if you need encouragement!
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    My friends are amazing. Not me though. I type so much bs I've got myself on ignore.

Believe nothing this gorilla says. He is amazing.

The gorilla and the gnome are amazing.

They might scare away the tourists, but they rock.

The gorilla, the gnome, and the Pirates fan walk into a bar......
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    My friends are amazing. Not me though. I type so much bs I've got myself on ignore.

You were the first friend I was thinking of when I wrote my response.

:blushing: :flowerforyou:

...and maybe a :devil: for good measure...
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Mine are mostly bast@rds.

move_-hi_guys_its_me-.gif
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    In to call Ennui a punk!
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    buncha punks
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    In to call Ennui a punk!

tumblr_n1kky0d4lo1tuor6xo3_500.gif
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    The thing I find helpful about it is being FREE to talk about diet, fitness, calorie counting, macros, and all other weight loss related things. Sharing NSVs for example. I don't talk about this stuff very much with my 'real life' friends except my husband and my mom...because I know how annoying it is for my friends who don't care or are jealous to hear about it.
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    buncha punks

Whatever

haters-gonna-hategiraffe_zps2dac62cc.gif
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    The thing I find helpful about it is being FREE to talk about diet, fitness, calorie counting, macros, and all other weight loss related things. Sharing NSVs for example. I don't talk about this stuff very much with my 'real life' friends except my husband and my mom...because I know how annoying it is for my friends who don't care or are jealous to hear about it.

tumblr_mmr26uUumw1s3h43ko1_r1_500.gif
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    buncha punks

Whatever

haters-gonna-hategiraffe_zps2dac62cc.gif

that was the last time I volunteer to be the back half.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Serious answer time: Indubitably. I can't always share my revelations pertaining to fitness and weight loss (and milestones, NSVs, etc.) with friends in person. Not everyone is interested in hearing about it and I can respect that. Not many people are interested in hearing about how intuitive my cat is either. I get it. She's very intuitive, though. Where was I? Oh! My MyFitnessPal friends bring a wealth of inspiration, knowledge, and motivation to the table that I really think I'd be spinning my wheels (at least, a great deal more) without.
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    My friends are all very de-light-ful

get it? Cause I like lamps
  • EllaIsNotEnchanted
    EllaIsNotEnchanted Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    friends who have open diaries are helpful.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    My friends are all very de-light-ful

get it? Cause I like lamps

I see what you did there.
  • eustaciavye
    eustaciavye Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yes, online support can be very motivating. It's good to know there are others facing the same challenges.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I have many friends that have been helpful in RE to helping attain more knowledge. I still have to put that knowledge to work...I still have to do the work...friends aren't going to be able to do that for you and ultimately your "motivation" is going to have to come from inside you but good and knowledgable friends are great for learning stuff.
  • OneStepLighter
    OneStepLighter Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The fitness pals I have on here are very supporting! When I first stared, I didn't have any support which can be a bit of a downer! I always wondered Who can I share my success with if you only have a certain amount of friends whom are too far away to see you? I gathered a good bit of support on here and it's helped me greatly. I have a wide variety of those whom are path of losing weight , bulking or maintaining which is helpful whenever you have to ask questions/share tips. Even those who are on the same road as I, it's great to know you have another who face the same struggles as you might. And if you ever have a off day, there's always going to be those who support you, give you encoring words, so on. Yup, I'm very glad for such great support! :)
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    My friends on MFP are definitely helpful. They hold me accountable and they encourage me when I need it. My friends in real life don't understand me at all when it's related to fitness, that's why I'm thankful I have a solid group of friends on MFP. (:
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    So I have been going this alone but really been considering posting that thread of I'm new here and need some friends. I was wondering do your MFP friends really help all that much? In life I'm very private and keep to myself (meaning I have no friends therefore no support system in real life) I seem to open up more to people online. So anyway is it helpful to have an online support system?

My current group of friends is very helpful. Those that are not get deleted. It took me a month to grow a good group of friends adding and subtracting, them. Now I am at 25ish and most are active and a great help we interact on each others walls daily. Others I just enjoy creeping their diary for ideas of meals I like to eat. 70% of my friends have a similar mindset of eating habitats, the other 30% consist of more lax or intense eating styles (in my opinion).