YUMMY TOFU RECIPES PLZ!!! :)

Options
hey guys! :) whats some good tofu recipes??? i know u got some ;) lolz

Replies

• angisnee
    angisnee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I don't have any specific recipes, but I love stir-frying a few servings of cubed tofu in chili/pepper flavored olive oil until it is good and crispy and throw it in the fridge. Then throughout the week, I can add it to anything like salads, soups, or pasta dishes. My family hates tofu, but this way I can make us all a meal and add it just to my portion.

I'd love to find some good recipes as well! Specifically ones that my family won't notice have tofu in them. :)
  • aquariuscutie123
    Options
    thats a good idea :)

is there chilli pepper flavored olive pil that u buy? or can u make ur own???
  • angisnee
    angisnee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I can't remember where I got it the first time, but I recently found that my Wal-Mart carries two different brands. The more expensive one isn't as spicy but still has good flavor.
  • naidanueva
    naidanueva Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Tofu is a lot of fun to cook. It has a really bland flavor, so it works well if you marinate it with your favorite spices/herbs. Then you can fry it up like mentioned, or bake it instead, which is healthier. Sometimes, if you buy the water-packed tofu, it's best to lay it out on a cutting board or something and then put a paper towel and then a heavy plate on top of it, so that all the excess water drains. That way the tofu will pick up the marinade better, and will most definitely fry better!

Another fun idea is to use it in place of ricotta cheese in lasagna. I've had it that way and love it. Here's a recipe for that: http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/tofu-lasagna/Detail.aspx
  • aquariuscutie123
    Options
    thanx for the ideas :) do u know any websites that have lots of tofu recipes??? :)
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    allrecipes.com is my bible LOL
  • Dreadz_Veggies_4Life
    Options
    I just bought the book vegan with a vengeance. She has some good recipe in it. I really like seitan (meat substitute made from wheat) and she gives good recipe for this as well. Good luck!
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Tofu chili is good.

Crumble firm tofu into a pot with a little bit of oil and some chopped onion. Add a couple of cans of beans, pinto and kidney, add a couple of cans of crushed stewed tomatoes, a can of tomato sauce, a chili seasoning packet and done. If you'd like you can also throw in some diced green peppers.

Top with some low-fat cheese and sour cream and you are good!

It's quick and easy and even my kids will eat it if I don't make it too spicy, but watch out for the sodium content.