I'M BACK! Getting back on track - need friends.

Options
sohutto
sohutto Posts: 12 Member
So I'm back after a looooong quiet spell.

I'm 5'7", 23 years old, and currently weigh 157 pounds. I was horrified to see that number on the scale today.

My lowest weight ever is 135...which I was at less than a year ago. However, I went through a stressful holiday season (I worked for a Christmas company...if you can imagine how much more stressful the holidays can get), went through a breakup, went through some serious family problems, started a new job Thursday, and I move apartments next weekend. Food was just NOT in the picture.

So, my weight crept up on me and now I am determined to get back down to at least 140.

Somehow, workout never fell by the wayside. I workout 5+ times a week, sometimes twice a day. I run every day that I can and I also take several Les Mills workout classes (BodyPump, CoreAttack) along with Yoga and Zumba. If working out was 80% of weight loss, I'd be a stick! But it's not. I know it's food, and I know I eat too much.

So, sorry for my long story, but I am looking for friends to help me lose 17 pounds by my birthday (August 30th). I try to eat as clean as I can, which just doesn't always happen, so I'm going to stick to the calorie counting for now!

Thank you, everyone!

Replies

• sohutto
    sohutto Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'd also like to mention that I tried Paleo for one month...in January. I can confidently say it was my worst month. I was very skinny, I think, but I binged every Friday night and felt miserable watching my friends eat all the things I wanted. It was also directly after my breakup and I was so emotional. I won't be going back to that for a while.

I think the right diet for me is watching what I eat and doing it in moderation. Cooking clean at home, eating light while out.
  • Justin1434
    Justin1434 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    My names Justin :) just saying hi.Signed up the other day. Also looking for friends and trying to lose some weight!