Breakfast Smoothie

Options
BLG050693
BLG050693 Posts: 24 Member
Does anyone have any good ideas for breakfast smoothies? I've just tried one that had low cal caramel coffee And oats with a banana, just wondering if anyone had any ideas for low cal high protein :) x

Replies

• beckystaystrong
    Options
    I use whey protein powder in my smoothies. My usual smoothie consists of oat milk, protein powder and some kind of fruit…bananas, strawberries, raspberries, peaches…..
  • FrauMama
    FrauMama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Protein powder, about 5-6 cups of spinach, an orange or frozen strawberries, maybe some coconut milk or water...
  • BLG050693
    Options
    Ill have to get some protein powder dyou recommend any? :) x
  • mof4apmj
    mof4apmj Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Protein powder, (I like EAS, but haven't tried them all), unsweetened vanilla almond milk, spinach and frut.
  • FrauMama
    FrauMama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'd look at the amounts of sugar in the protein powder and try to find one that is less than 5g/serving, maybe more like 2g. The less ingredients the better (like most food, I guess!). Good luck! :)
  • sadrithmora
    sadrithmora Posts: 121
    Options
    Don't know how you feel about protein powder (personally I really dislike how it feels on my teeth, and taste in general). If I want a little more protein in my morning shakes, I normally use coconut milk as a base. Sometimes I also add almond butter or seaweed (unfortunately I can't get my hands on it too often, or I'd eat it everyday). If you have a place where you can get organic safe to eat raw eggs, can totally mix that in as well (if you don't mind eating raw eggs). Depending on what diet you're following you can probably add other things like yoghurt or milk or oats. It doesn't always have to be powder.
  • mrhonesty
    mrhonesty Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Jay Robb makes a nice protein powder that one can find at Whole Foods or GNC. A scoop of Jay Robb, one banana, 5 ice cubes and a teaspoon of flax seed is 225 calories and 10g protein. It tastes very good and not gritty.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    You can substitute silken tofu for banana in smoothies.

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/category/healthy-milkshakes-and-smoothies/
  • BLG050693
    Options
    Thanks guys :) you've really helped I'll have to write a few things down and gov shopping tomorrow :) x
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Try 1/2 C lowfat cottage cheese in a smoothie for a good protein boost. You won't know it's in there.I use skim or almond milk,1/2 frozen banana,1 Tbl cocoa powder,vanilla.Can add spinach,more fruit....according to the calories you want.
  • rachaeldavis790
    Options
    I use this plant protein stuff that takes the protein out of spinach and things like that and the vanilla tastes delicious!! 14 grams of protein a scoop!
  • emalethmoon
    emalethmoon Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I've been using 1 cup skim milk, 1 cup frozen strawberries, I banana, and 2 tablespoons PB2 powdered peanut butter.
  • beverlywesterby
    beverlywesterby Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I do a cup of almond milk (unsweetened), a cup of spinach or kale, 1/2 a banana and a scoop of french vanilla protein powder. the one I buy is called The Winning Combination 100% whey protein and it has only 1 g of sugar. Sometimes I add a few blueberries or strawberries too :)
  • BuildaBetterBody4
    Options
    Ill have to get some protein powder dyou recommend any? :) x
    source Classic whey protein powder. 100 cals 2g fat 2g carbs 2g sugar 40mg sodium 21g protien. Organic NONGMO. On Amazon. A little pricey compared to other. From grassfed humanely raised cows. I do rasberries bananas blueberries strawberries kale and spinach
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    banana
    coconut water (1/2 cup)
    chocolate protein powder (usually 25-40 g)
    all natural peanut butter (1 tblsp)

filling and yummy cals depend on how much protein powder use and how much your banana weighs

you could sub the peanut butter for almond butter or omit it if you like

yesterday mine was 364 cals with 35 g protein powder