How do you get people to respond to your question?

Options
I've posted a few questions in the generally right Topic sections but no one responds.... what's the secret to getting support?

Replies

• youdontknowwhatyousaw
    youdontknowwhatyousaw Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Make sure your topic header says what you want to know. When people just put "help" or the like in the header I tend to not even open them. Your header was very specific, so I clicked on it to respond. Also, search for your question first, people get tired of answering the same questions over and over.
  • fknlardarse
    fknlardarse Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Sometimes posts get dropped down the list by other people posting at similar times, have you tried just entering another comment (like bump) to bring the topic back up to the top?
  • Kenazwa
    Kenazwa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Sometimes posts get dropped down the list by other people posting at similar times, have you tried just entering another comment (like bump) to bring the topic back up to the top?

Hey - that's what I was going to say!
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I see you posted one question about "when are good rest days" Well I doubt anyone knew how to answer that

When you need one? It would depend on your workout intensity and schedule. Noone can really answer that for you.

As to how to get answers to your questions - I don't know. I must be a topic other are interested in, one they think they can actually help you with, one that doesn't just appear to want to start a debate...preferable one that isn't asked everyday, one that the answer isn't readily available if you put forth a little of your own effort...
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    ..... Also, search for your question first, people get tired of answering the same questions over and over.

So true!
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Make sure your "invisible" button is unchecked. Just kidding :). Like you sometimes I feel like I'm the invisible one in a forum discussion. Like the others said. I'd just bump it till someone responds.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    No idea, I've been here years and still don't understand how some people get pages of replies and others with pretty much the same question are basically ignored.

I posted a few times got little or no response and don't bother anymore....I stick with my FL who are fab!
  • SimoneNinan
    SimoneNinan Posts: 23
    Options
    Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I'm an avid Google-er, and can find answers that way, but this MFP seems so great because real humans are really experiencing lots of what we all go through. That personal affect is really helpful for me to connect to. Thanks again!!
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    No idea, I've been here years and still don't understand how some people get pages of replies and others with pretty much the same question are basically ignored.

I think most people never look beyond the first page on a given board. If your message doesn't start to get responses, it will get knocked off the first page by other threads that are getting responses. That's why people sometimes go back and "bump" their own questions, which puts them back on the first page. Don't do it too often, but if it's a clearly worded question and you can't find a decent answer with the search function, go ahead and bump yourself.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    Weekends are usually slower on the boards. Have patience, and it's ok to give your post a bump if it's gone 24 hours or so with no response.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    start a thread about sugar….
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    You just did!

tumblr_leotdicGeL1qdlkgg.gif
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

Yep..... make the thread title, 'Clean Easting Sugar Detox Beachbody Shakeology® Jumpstart Juice Cleanse Less than 1200 Calories.'

Then, ask your question.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I've posted a few questions in the generally right Topic sections but no one responds.... what's the secret to getting support?
    Also, if the same question keeps getting asked over and over, less people tend to read or respond to them. If I have a question, I usually use the Search feature and try to find the answer there first.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Yep..... make the thread title, 'Clean Easting Sugar Detox Beachbody Shakeology® Jumpstart Juice Cleanse Less than 1200 Calories.'

Then, ask your question.

lol
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

Being relevant, specific and not long winded.

Also helps if you aren't asking a question that's already been answered 8,439 times in the past week.
  • jessrjack
    jessrjack Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    well. i'm a noob. and i tried to respond to something else someone said.. and failed. lol! so nvm!
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    forums tend to be very busy and topics drop out of the recent list very quickly, get a good group of MFP friends on your list and ask the questions there as well or maybe even before going to the forums