Looking for motivation :)

Options
Hi everyone!

I'm Sophie, I'm a 20-year-old student. I'm 5'4" and around 155-160lb, looking to get down to around 120-130! I wear a UK size 12 and since I used to be a size 8-10 a couple of years ago, I'd really like to gain that body back. Always been very pear-shaped, I have a bum, thighs and belly but relatively small arms and bust.

To be honest I'm not one to go by weight itself, I tend to judge my weight on my overall image and the fitting of my clothes. I find that if I start weighing myself, it becomes a bit of an obsession, so I try to keep away from the scales.

It'd be lovely to be able to make some friends on here for motivation :) I'm new to the community side of things so looking forward to spending some time getting to know this whole thing!

Thanks for reading xx

Replies

• Mimi_Roar
    Mimi_Roar Posts: 15
    Options
    Welcome feel free to add me log on everyday and love to encourage people anyone may add always lokinjg for more friends
  • Hannah_Hopes
    Hannah_Hopes Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Welcome feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • Oxxygi
    Oxxygi Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Welcome:happy: !You can add me as well!
  • 7fatcats
    7fatcats Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Me too. I am brand new today too - I have one friend :happy:
  • ChaoticSilhouette
    ChaoticSilhouette Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    So glad to welcome you, Sophie! Feel free to add me also-- this is a great place when it comes to support systems. Full of encouraging people that provide motivation and inspiration, as well as nudge you to be your own inspiration in this journey. Take care, good luck, and I hope to hear from ya!
  • Mindfreak1999
    Mindfreak1999 Posts: 272
    Options
    You are certainly on the right site to lose weight and for motivation. Good luck on your journey for a healthier you :)
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You're welcome to add me. I'm 5'0 aiming for 115.
  • torhvaz
    torhvaz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello- just started a few weeks ago- looking for people to kick my butt, and make me feel guilty for not walking or excercise- I am eating much better, but need to exercise to increase my strength.
    5-2" was 172 now 165- but older then you 46:).
    I would like to add you and if anyone else would like to help me, please let me know
  • Shaz95_
    Shaz95_ Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey, I only just joined MFP too so feel free to add me (18yr old female UK Student).
    I definately agree with theat whole obsession with the number on a scale… Its good to track your progress by looking in the mirror and also base it on how good you feel internally :)