Should I be worried about losing so fast?

Options
2»

Replies

• BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    I just got a scale for the very first time in my life. I've started weighing myself first thing in the morning. I seem to be dropping .5-1 pound per day. This seems pretty drastic. I've been working on losing weight for only two weeks now, and I've lost nine pounds.

Is this normal? This seems like a lot of weight lost really fast. I'm not starving myself and I'm not really exercising that much.

1/2 to 1 lb. is well within healthy range. Most people in the medical community say no more than 2 lbs. a week.
  • BurntCoffee
    BurntCoffee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I've lost 17 lbs since April 29th. I'm not too worried. I'm sure I'll make up for it on down the road. My body just tends to drop the weight pretty easily until I get to 199 and again at 167. Not sure why. Those two numbers are hard for me to break through.

Enjoy it while it lasts as long as you are eating enough. :)
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna answer a bit different. The faster you loose your first 50 % the harder it will be to loose your last 50 % so what you should do is check what your BMR is supposed to be for your weight and your hight and never eat below that amount. MFP according to many set your calorie goal a bit low so its easy to in beginning eat to little.

Now it could be due to water you are loosing this fast but to be sure i would check your BMR needs just surf the net for BMR calculators and take a medium of the results you get ( they all calculate a bit different). If you like more help to find out how many calories you should eat at a minimum feel free to send me a message.

Agree. It took me 4 months to lose my first 60lbs. While in the last 6 weeks of a very strict diet, I've lost around 6lbs.

So yes, I'd say you are normal. Relax...you are on a ride of self exploration...let's see where you go?

Good Luck,
    TC
  • Heaven2017
    Heaven2017 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! Congrats on deciding to tackle this. I started out at 400 pounds and in a year. . I have lost 100 pounds. I can tell you that I feel better and that while I have lost food as a friend and as a way to deal with life.. I have gained feeling better about myself. Check out this website. www.halfsizeme. com No money to look at it.. lots of free content.. the free podcast changed my life. Check it out. listen to a free podcast. Good luck!