pressing pizza concerns of enormous magnitude..

Options

Replies

• HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    In Chicago, where pizza is king, it's deep dish, and thick, that you have to eat it with a knife and fork
    Do you call it 'pie'? Oh please tell me you do..

Yes, it's pizza pie.

If anyone else says differently, they are wrong.
  • honsi
    honsi Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    In Chicago, where pizza is king, it's deep dish, and thick, that you have to eat it with a knife and fork
    Do you call it 'pie'? Oh please tell me you do..

Yes, it's pizza pie.

If anyone else says differently, they are wrong.

Duly noted.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I eat almost everything with a knife and fork. Even sandwiches and yes... pizza too *hanging head in shame*
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I eat almost everything with a knife and fork. Even sandwiches and yes... pizza too *hanging head in shame*

Sandwiches?! nooooo......really?? :tongue:
  • honsi
    Options
    Really? Even a sammich? Why? Don't be ashamed, some people just ain't hand food people.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I tend to follow the "when in Rome" rule when it comes to manners
  • kyoshiwarrior
    kyoshiwarrior Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Same. I don't like getting grease on my hands.
  • honsi
    Options

Same. I don't like getting grease on my hands.
    I'm not generally into eating with my hands, I don't like the smell of food on them after and always have to wash them after eating but some things I automaticly do, pizza, burgers, wings etc. I have one friend who eats all her food with her hands, everything and just licks her fingers afterwards, I find difficult.
  • honsi
    Options
    Yeah that's fine but what if you are from there and don't what they do?
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    PIzza.... hands are the only way 0_o
  • _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    one-does-not-simply-eat-pizza-with-knife-and-fork-thumb.jpg

One must fold the pizza!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options

stm4c801576ee16c20100902.jpg

Now i am both, homesick and hungry.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I don't like eating pizza folded, because I don't like the toppings to become fillings. I may pick it up and eat it, but it goes into my mouth flat. If I make pizza that's messy or scorching hot, I use a knife and fork.

As long as the pizza is going into my mouth, there is nothing wrong happening. :laugh:
  • ShadeyC
    ShadeyC Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I don't like eating pizza folded, because I don't like the toppings to become fillings. I may pick it up and eat it, but it goes into my mouth flat. If I make pizza that's messy or scorching hot, I use a knife and fork.

As long as the pizza is going into my mouth, there is nothing wrong happening. :laugh:

This.
    Depends on pizza situation. Pizza that ends up in my lap and not my mouth would make me CRY RIVERS, so if it looks like it's gonna slide in anyway, I go the knife and fork. Also true of the super deep dish ones.
  • kjarvo
    kjarvo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    So I'm in a restaurant tonight having pizza- I cut an slice, fold it over and eat it with my hands and I'm half way through when I look up and realise that everyone else is using a knife and fork, its never occurred to me to eat pizza with a knife and fork. So I'm wondering who's right and who's wrong? I'm in the UK , is it a British thing?

I'm British and tend to eat my pizza with a knife and fork. Especially at a restaurant. I wouldn't dream of using my hands in a restaurant. British people only tend to eat garlic bread slices or bread with our hands. I even eat burgers with a knife and fork. espcially the ones that look like this:

20130524_163009.jpg

I can't figure out how to eat that otherwise.
  • JasonKnight85
    JasonKnight85 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Lol, I don't think there is a wrong way... then again I eat my fried chicken with a knife and fork (I greatly dislike having greasy, grimy or sticky hands, unless I'm working on a car or something then it's to be expected) and I'm about the only person I know who does that...
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    The best part is the cheese.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    DITTO
  • Pathend2
    Pathend2 Posts: 142
    Options
    I'd like to see all the anti-fork-and-knife eaters try using their hands to eat a Chicago style pizza.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

stm4c801576ee16c20100902.jpg

Now i am both, homesick and hungry.

WOW! I never saw a that! WANT!