PCOS sufferers!

Options

Replies

• sparkina13
    sparkina13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I sent you a request. I was diagnosed in 2009. Anyone feel free to add me. :)
  • HollyColeman91413
    HollyColeman91413 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    recently diagnosed. still tryin to get a good plan going. kinda lost feel free to add me....if u do please put wherre u found me at aka this board
  • craziedazie
    craziedazie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have PCOS.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    I also have PCOS. Was diagnosed 1 year before I found out I was pregnant. My OB told me the likelihood I would get pregnant without fertility treatments was "slim to none." Yeah.... Exactly one year later, I was unexpectedly pregnant 1 month after stopping birth control pills. Shortly after my son was born in 2012, my testosterone level was up around 70s. Just had it checked last month and it was 30! The low threshold was 17 for my lab with a high of 70, so pretty good in my opinion! I do quite a bit of cardio because I love it, but am also doing weights. Just got a power rack! I am on metformin and take a few vitamins also. Have lost 55 lbs total to date. Feel free to add me!
  • quietcountrylife
    quietcountrylife Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am fairly new here too (starting back, anyway) and I also have the PCOS diagnosis. Please feel free to add me to friends - I can use all the support I can get. I am currently in a weight area where I often get 'stuck' and it's hard to push past, so the more support and encouragement, the better! :)
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    yep...ditto...PCOS is a b*tch...feel free to add me!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I hope you'll all join the PCOS groups on here. SO many great ladies with supportive comments, and lots of GOOD information.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Same here, feel free to add me as well!
  • Effalunt
    Effalunt Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Honestly, metformin is one thing I refused to take. I've been working with a naturopath for almost six months and most of my PCOS symptoms are drastically reduced. I'm also starting to lose weight. I did try BC pills for a year first, and went to the naturopath when I couldn't stand the side-effects from those horrid things any longer.

Good luck on your journey. It does get better if you find out what works for you.
  • Erana81
    Erana81 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also have pcos and am having major trouble losing weight looking for motivation add me of you like.
  • kpham0226
    kpham0226 Posts: 2
    Options
    Another PCOS'er here - My RE Dr told me if it walked, swam or grew on the earth, it's okay to eat. If it comes in a vacuum sealed package, don't eat it. If I listen to those words, I lose weight but you know, it seems carbs and I just love to be friendly! Feel free to add me! We'll take this journey together!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Another PCOS'er here - My RE Dr told me if it walked, swam or grew on the earth, it's okay to eat. If it comes in a vacuum sealed package, don't eat it. If I listen to those words, I lose weight but you know, it seems carbs and I just love to be friendly! Feel free to add me! We'll take this journey together!
    That's very funny. I've never heard it phrased quite that way before! :happy: :happy:
  • running4thehigh
    running4thehigh Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    add me too? :)

my ob gyn says she's pretty sure I have PCOS. I don't really have a lot of side effects (more hair growth since I went off the pill last year) but I always have to watch what I eat even though I exercise TONS (half marathon-runner, weight lifting, biking, swimming, everything). It's super annoying. I just started using MFP yesterday to see if tracking my calories for a while will help me lose a little bit of weight... I've been doing the whole high protein thing for the past couple of months, now I'm consciously going to watch my carb and sugar intake and see if that'll do anything.

ANYWAYS. would love some support and advice! (especially from those who are super into sports as well but also everyone else, ADD ME!)

EDIT: I don't actually weigh myself since the added strength training surely makes me heavier than I actually look. So I tend to go by looks/how I feel/how things fit.
  • UsaGirl82
    UsaGirl82 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello Cysters!!! I am 32 yrs old from Puyallup, WA (WA State, that is), and I have suffered from PCOS since I was about 15. I wasn't diagnosed until about 7 yrs ago, but I had battled for so long that it was a blessing to find out what was going on and that I wasn't alone. Some days, I still get frustrated with my disorder because of what it has done to my body. I use to feel abnormal, but I finally got to the point this past year that I decided to NOT let PCOS run my life. I am now embarking on my weightloss and fitness journey. It's tough at times because some weeks the scale doesn't budge. But when I stick with it, the scale eventually gives and I lose a pound or two (or more sometimes). I started on Weight Watchers and it really helped me to realize that I could eat the foods I liked as long as I watched my portion sizes and calories. I still track my points as I have a 3 month subscription, but after my subscription runs out, I will be tracking only in MFP. I use to do the low carb thing, but I have to have some carbs or else my sugar levels crash (I think the metformin has something to do with it). I am determined to beat this weight issue and keep my PCOS in check. I WILL NOT FAIL!! :)...... Feel free to add me, would love to get to know you all!
  • ldnmaggie
    ldnmaggie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I've suffered since I was 13. It's a devil condition isn't it. Feel free to add me. xxxx
  • annabananna1183
    Options
    Diagnosed about 2 years ago! Trying to lose weight again, more this time, and keep it off. Add me!
  • Enduranze3
    Enduranze3 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have PCOS as well. I am restarting my weight loss journey in hopes of getting healthier and having baby #2!
  • phelan999
    phelan999 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have not been diagnosed, but both my doctor and my gynecologist have mentioned it as a possibility. Please feel free to add me :)
  • TehLaughingDog
    TehLaughingDog Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Yup I've got PCOS as well. Had it as long as I can remember having a cycle. Luckily I don't have hair growth but I make up for that with lots of cysts and pounds haha. I'm trying to regain my life now and stomp out the limitations it gives me.

Feel free to add!
  • dixiebelleXO
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 14 and since then, it's ruled me. I've tried "being happy with what God gave me", but I just cant be anymore. I'm getting to the age where I'm wanting to start my family and PCOS wont let me do that, until I lose weight. It's so difficult because I love my pastas and breads, and I'm one of those chicks that likes something sweet after something salty :) Any advice from you ladies would be fantastic so I can get back on track and get the weight off. I'm tired of letting it dictate my life and have to wonder if I'll ever be able to have the family I desire so much. So any advice/support y'all can give, would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to add me on here and we can help each other through our difficult process!