500 Kcal Pizza - High Protein healthy option

Options
13»

Replies

• BJBroxton
    BJBroxton Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Oh we had to have pizza too! lol Here is what my wife and I did: (makes 4 of the flatbreads

2.5 oz Vegetable - Yellow Squash / Zucchini
    10 Shrimp - Cooked, Medium
    1/4 cup Classico - Roasted Portabello Mushroom Pasta Sauce,
    1 cups Marketside - Broccoli Slaw,
    1/4 cup Kraft - 2% Shredded Cheddar Cheese,
    4-Flatout - Artisan Foldit Flatbread - 5 Grain Flax, flatbread (43g)

Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar

Total: 590 75 18 57 2,200 10
    Per Serving: 295 38 9 29 1100 5

My sodium was waaaay off today and I can feel it. You can put the ingredients on just 2 flatbreads and it will take out about 360 sodium per serving.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Looks good...but awfully high in sodium...half the recommended daily amount. But I guess if you are comparing it to "regular" pizza, it's not so bad. Sodium is always a struggle for me!
    My blood pressure is fine, so I don't particularly worry about sodium, as I'm not the generic average person they have to account for :).
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Looks good...but awfully high in sodium...half the recommended daily amount. But I guess if you are comparing it to "regular" pizza, it's not so bad. Sodium is always a struggle for me!
    My blood pressure is fine, so I don't particularly worry about sodium, as I'm not the generic average person they have to account for :).
    ^^ this ^^
    I don't see it as being too bad aat all to be fair. If it is something that you are very carefull with, perhaps there are substitutable ingredients that you could use that contain less sodium.
  • mncdk
    mncdk Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Looks & sounds nice...but 11g fat seems a lot...
    Sometimes you should not "just" eat less to lose weight, you actually need to learn a little bit about nutrition. This is one of those times.

You need fat in your diet.
  • Samirax5
    Samirax5 Posts: 2
    Options
    I was thinking of trying to make pizza on my pita bread... its whole wheat and about 80calories each
    I also wish I could find weight watchers cheese... I find the string cheese but never the shredded
    have to keep looking

great recipe though I'll have to look for some tortillas to use on it :)

That is how I normally make pizza is using the whole wheat pita bread. I make my own so I can have a larger size for my family. It is an easy recipe and I hate baking! Another option for pizza is almond crust, it is load with the extra protein. The only downside is the amount of calories in a slice. So I make it with the intention of my family each getting one piece along with the nightly salad.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I was addng a new recipe and noticed there was one I had done a while ago...

Sainsbury's - Tomato Puree, Double Concentrate, 50 g 41 7 0 2 1 0
    Warburtons - Brown Sandwich Pitta, 0.5 pitta 85 15 1 3 3 0
    Morrison's - Wafer Thin Smoked Ham , 20 g 20 0 0 4 0 0
    Morrisons Nume - Mozzarella, 30 g 61 1 4 7 0 0
    Weight Watchers - Mature Grated Cheese, 30 grams 65 0 3 9 0 0
    Asda - 3 Cherry Tomatoes, 2 Tomatoes 4 2 0 0 1 0
    Onions - Raw, 8 g 3 1 0 0 0 0
    Total: 279 calories 26 carbs 8 Fat 25 Protein 5 Fibre 0 Calcium
  • Train4Foodz
    Options
    Bumping for recent Healthy Pizza poster :)
  • Train4Foodz
    Options
    Bump :)
  • grantwashere
    grantwashere Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    In my house, we call a variation of these "little pizzas." I use regular cheese and other great-tasting ingredients but they are still pretty low-cal in comparison to dancing around a friggin' pizza buffet for an hour.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Love me some tortilla pizzas <3
    haekyxrdxvxs.jpg
  • Train4Foodz
    Options
    Love me some tortilla pizzas <3
    haekyxrdxvxs.jpg
    Mmm looks yum!!