Cheat day

So I've been going on a diet for a week and I actually lost a 1.5 pounds. Yesterday was my cheat day and I ate a lot! I even lost track of the amount of calories! I wake up today , look at the mirror and it seems as if I lost nothing, but gained! I even compared before and after pictures and I definitely look huger.
Would one day cause me to gain that much? And what can I do to avoid the bloating?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    So I've been going on a diet for a week and I actually lost a 1.5 pounds. Yesterday was my cheat day and I ate a lot! I even lost track of the amount of calories! I wake up today , look at the mirror and it seems as if I lost nothing, but gained! I even compared before and after pictures and I definitely look huger.
    Would one day cause me to gain that much? And what can I do to avoid the bloating?

depends how much 'a lot' is?

water is your friend to get rid of the bloating.
  • I guess it's in the range of 3000 to 4000 calories. Can that make me lose my progress? And is it more recommended to have a cheat DAY or a cheat MEAL?
    I walk daily to college too.
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    If you eat 500 calories below maintenance for 6 days and then eat 3000 calories over maintenance on day 7 it's exactly the same as eating maintenance all week. 1 cheat day, if bad enough, can wreck a weeks worth of dieting. That being said, I wouldn't expect visual changes after only 1 week either. If you absolutely must have a weekly cheat day, track it like you track every other day so you can ensure you still maintain a deficit for the week.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I guess it's in the range of 3000 to 4000 calories. Can that make me lose my progress? And is it more recommended to have a cheat DAY or a cheat MEAL?
    I walk daily to college too.

if your maintenance is 2000 cals and you ate 4000 then you have a 2000 cal surplus which could wipe out the majority of your deficit for the week.

i follow IIFYM so i dont 'cheat'.
  • What's IIFYM please?
  • JasonKnight85
    JasonKnight85 Posts: 67 Member
    If it fits your macros.