Calling all Shorties! Ladies 5'3" and under

Options

Replies

• workoutchick
    workoutchick Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    i'm 5 foot and weight 144 . I'm looking to lose aleast 20 pounds to start and then go from there. so far iv'e started the New Year by working out every day. And signing up for this site.
  • raycan86
    Options
    I am 5' 1" and weigh 161 I am working on losing 38 pounds I have been working out everyday since New Year's and signing on to this site everyday.
    Candy
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I guess I just have to keep signing in everyday to keep my motivation up!
  • Stephanie191991
    Options
    Hey 5ft 1 I weigh 179 at this moment I carry most of the weight around my belly :bigsmile: I start out weighing 214 so I came this far I have 59 pounds more to lose :happy:
  • dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh I so sympathize with all of you! I'm 5'3" but have this dinky bone frame so it makes the weight look even WORSE if possible. The one bright side is i lost about 5-7lbs and my sister said I'd gotten a lot skinnier. If only I could hide the extra weight as well as I could show the weight loss!!!!!
  • KanCrav
    Options
    Good Job stephanie!~!~!
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    Yes, more vertically challenged people to bond with!! Hello all! I'm Cee. 5'3", 178.5 pounds when I last stepped on a regular scale (and not my Wii balance board). I would ultimately like to be around the 120-125 range. I think I looked my best at that weight. Right now, though, I would like to get down to 145 and then reassess my plans, etc.
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Finally people who understand! I'm 5' 2.5" and weight 175 lbs. I have never been a small girl, I played soccer for 10 yrs and even at my fittest in high school I was still deemed overweight according to BMI :grumble: I'm short and stalky with a bigger frame. Once I started college and quit playing sports the freshman 15 turned into the freshman 50 :noway: and i've fluctuated ever since. A couple of year ago I did weight watchers and lost 25 lbs but gained it right back because I was going by points instead of learning what foods i should be eating and why. I hate having to hem every pair of pants I buy, I'm too tall for shorts (because I have to wear heels to work) and way to short for regulars. I have pants that I bought over a year ago that are still in my closet because I haven't hemmed them yet. Luckily, I carry my weight pretty evenly until i got about 165lbs and then everything else went straight to my stomach. People just don't understand the challenge for shorter people. For instance, my sister and I weight only 5 lbs difference but since she is 3 inches shorter than me she easily looks 20+ lbs heavier. Height makes such a difference!!! my best friend is 5'6" and complains constantly about her weight because she's around 140ish but she easily looks 120 and wears a size 4.....Grrr :grumble:

I'm trying to lose 35 lbs by this summer (which will put me under 150 for the first time since highschool) and ultimately by around 120 - 125 but I can't even imagine that since the lowest weight I ever remember being was a little over 130 :noway:
  • NicoleL83
    NicoleL83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Too all the shorties!!! I am 5'2 and about 170 lbs. I say about because I am too scared to step on a scale! I am lucky that I have longer legs so I seldom have to hem anything, but my upper body is short. There is less than an inch between my last rib and my hips!! About 95% of my weight sits on my stomach. Its not very sexy that I look pregnant in most of my pictures!! It's nice there is a group for us vertiically challenged!
  • KanCrav
    Options
    Cee... THOSE are my EXACT goals!~!~! I want to be 130... but starting at 170, it just didnt seem realiztic.... i cant even remember when i was 130, maybe high school??? Well, I think we need to keep in touch, our goals are so similar that we can keep each other motivated! I have a feeling 145 is going to be AMAZING!
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    5'3" here! I started MFP at 206 lbs (it was probably a tad more but that was the first time I weighed myself a couple weeks into this. I am now down to 176 so I've lost 30 lbs so far! ((Yay me!!!)) My first goal is 150 ((okay, let's be honest it's 149)) and then make a new decision from there as to go lower or maintain. I was 160 through my party years and loved the way I looked so 150 should be pretty damn nice on me!
  • lburris
    Options
    Here I am.....5'3" and 163 lbs. Where in the world did I get to that weight.....ice cream and sweets I am sure. I have been thin most of my life and I soon celebrate the big 45. I am newly married and happy as a lark...3rd time is the charm they say. LOL!

Well, I have gone from 103 with 9.6% body fat when I was working out daily at age 33+ to now I hate to go to gym. I have however joined again and am going with my hubby. We help each other get there.

Anyway, I can relate to the extra weight looking like I've gained 50 - when in fact it is only the extra 20 I gained over the past year.
    Short and 'hippy' I would say. So here is to a new year of losing weight and eating healthy and getting the exercise my body really wants...uggggg!
  • Davis713
    Davis713 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" ( on a good hair day) and I currently weigh 188. My goal is to weigh 145 by June (my 27th b-day)! I know that charts say that I should shoot for WAY smaller but I feel like much less than 130 and I would be TOO small?? I love/hate being as short as I am. Sure it's easy to find pants that are long enough but most of the time they are SOO long that I walk all over the bottoms and I really hate that! But being a shortie does have its advantages I must admit :)
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to have found this forum!! I'm 5'3 and weighing in at about 152 according to the scale at the gym last night...which actually differs from my scale at home by 10 pounds. My weight goal for now is to get to 125-130 and see how that feels. I won't know until I get ther and then will re-evaluate the situation. But my goal for this month is not to focus on the scale but to focus on my non-scale goals. And I love being short cause I don't have to worry about being taller than guys!! Now if I could just get my weight to coincide with my frame. I carry most of my weight in my belly...lets just say that I was able to go almost 6 months without knowing I was pregnant!! :noway:

Leslie - I am right there with you on the sweets. That is my ultimate downfall. I think I could do just fine if cookies, brownies, cakes, ice cream never crossed my path again!!
  • TheDaniProject
    Options
    HELLO ALL MY FUNSIZED PEOPLE =D

I LOVE BEING FUNSIZED BUT HATE THE BURDEN OF THESE EXTRA EXTRA POUNDS BLEH..THE HORROR
    ADD ME DONT BE SHY LETS DO THIS TOGETHER.
  • Casey97
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and weigh 160ish. For the most part I look thick but the rolls are what kill me :/
    I've got about 30 lbs to lose, I'm hoping that will even me out a little, or at least get rid of my stomach

I'm in the exact same position...5'3" 160-165 (it varies through the week) and my legs and butt just look thick which I'm KIND OF okay with...its my stomach that is my major issue. I find myself constantly sucking it in trying to hide the rolls. Very rarely will I wear a snug fitting top, most of my wardrobe since I've gained this weight consists of flowy shirts. I feel very uncomfortable in shirts that cling to stomach.

Apparently my ideal weight according to BMI is 115...but I will be happy to get down to 125-130

Good luck!
  • momtodeshawn
    momtodeshawn Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" ( on a good hair day) and I currently weigh 188. My goal is to weigh 145 by June (my 27th b-day)! I know that charts say that I should shoot for WAY smaller but I feel like much less than 130 and I would be TOO small?? I love/hate being as short as I am. Sure it's easy to find pants that are long enough but most of the time they are SOO long that I walk all over the bottoms and I really hate that! But being a shortie does have its advantages I must admit :)

Hey, we're pretty similar...I'm the same height and started at 186...and my (ultimate) goal is probably going to be somewhere around 130-145. I just can't see myself being much less either.

Hi everyone!! Feel free to add me as a friend if you want. :)
  • Bobbijo82566
    Bobbijo82566 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone has had a good day! :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • PoshTaush
    PoshTaush Posts: 1,247
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and at my weight, I look like a little beach ball you could roll around! lol...

HELP!!!!
  • sugarbeans
    sugarbeans Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I"m almost 5'1 and CW is 202. Highest weight was 270lbs. I love my height (for most part) there are days where I'm reaching to get into a cupboard and I'm cursing cause I can't reach lol.
    My goal weight would be anywhere between 130-140ish. BMI disagrees with me but I think what they have would be too skinny.