I also beat diabetes 2

Options
Over 18 months I lost 20 kilos. Watching my diet, walking walking and walking. Of course keeping my MyFitness pal diary religiously. Thanks MFp.

Replies

• horsebeauti
    horsebeauti Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! What an accomplishment, and way to go on kicking DM II in the rear!
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

That is a MAJOR goal for my weight loss. I can't wait to kick Type II right in the face.

Though, oddly, I'm grateful. I'm pretty sure being diagnosed with Type II is what is going to change my life in a positive way forever.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    FABULOUS!!!
  • wandakc
    wandakc Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Congratulations I am very excited for you!! I'm 62 years old and really hope to use 77 lbs. I would really like to lose @ least 50 by Jan 1st. :wink:
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I was diagnosed 3 weeks ago. I hope to kick in the butt too. I have a little more to lose.
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic, I am so pleased for you. Is this the end or now the beginning of another chapter? Many thanks for posting.
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

That is a MAJOR goal for my weight loss. I can't wait to kick Type II right in the face.

Though, oddly, I'm grateful. I'm pretty sure being diagnosed with Type II is what is going to change my life in a positive way forever.

Fantastic attitude similar to mine, I was only diagnosed as pre diabetic though, but it was the wake up call I needed. I wish you every success in beating it into submission.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    You rock! Diabetes is a terrible disease and you reversed it on your own. What an amazing accomplishment! :drinker:
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    i just found out last friday that i have diabetes ... really scared and just worried like there is no tomorrow ... but talking to people and looking over here i am hopeful that i can do it also.
  • Mavalicous
    Mavalicous Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    kp...you can do it! I am also diabetic. I now am off the diabetic meds as well as the blood pressure meds. Diet and exercise are me meds now and they can be yours too!!
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    thanks man ... thats all i can hope for ..
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,637 Member
    Options
    I've reversed mine as well by losing 20 kg. I was diagnosed in August 2012 with an hba1c of 10+ and prescribed 2000 mg daily of metformin. As of November 2013 I have been medication free and my last hba1c after 4 months without medication was 5.0. The information from the Newcastle University study linked below helped me enormously.

http://www.ncl.ac.uk/magres/research/diabetes/reversal.htm
  • MaroneLotz
    MaroneLotz Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Well done to you! Reversing my Type 2 Diabetes is also one of my biggest motivations. I'm not even one month into my change in lifestyle and I have lost more than 7kg (16lb) and have halved my Glucophage from 1000mg per day to 500mg per day. Don't get the "brain fog" anymore and my energy levels are slowly returning. After more than 2 years of being diagnosed, I had to finally admit that I was addicted to carbs and sugary foods. Now, now more! Freedom! Can't wait to shed some more weight and lose the hypertension meds as well.
  • ballito
    ballito Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Well done:smile:
  • Carley
    Carley Posts: 88
    Options
    That's fantastic. You are a true inspiration.
  • ajones1965
    ajones1965 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have lost 46lbs, over 30 of those since the beginning of April. I am type 2 as well and since radically overhauling my diet and committing to exercising daily my fasting blood sugar (with meds) is at the low end of normal. I have had some of my medication reduced and am working for further reductions. It can be done, nice to see other type 2's getting results : )
  • christopherkjaer
    christopherkjaer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!