Vinaigrette Recipes

Options
Parimositabloo
Parimositabloo Posts: 13 Member
Anyone have any good vinaigrette recipes they want to share? With summer upon us, and the intense heat I want to spend as little time a possible in my kitchen, so salad have become my go to, and I like to use different vinaigrettes so I don't get bored. I just bought lemon vinegar and sherry vinegar.
Yesterday I was experimenting and I came up with a really good one, 2 parts lemon vinegar, 6 parts olive oil, a garlic clove for every part vinegar, and 1 part tequila, because I love being Mexican, and because why not? And chili powder to taste. It's great and summery!
Any one have a recipe they want to share?

Replies

• sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing yours :) Sorry, nothing to contribute though I'm looking for the same... I'm especially interested in ones which would be good in salads with strawberries and other fruits!

Otherwise I'm super boring, apple cider vinegar with lemon juice.... works well enough but it's a super snoozer
  • LDBianca
    LDBianca Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

Here is a salad dressing my family has been using since I can remember. It's a recipe from the St. Louis Pasta House.

1 cup (2 jars) artichoke hearts

1 cup sliced red onions

2/3 cup Parmigiana cheese

1 cup diced pimiento

2/3 cup olive oil

1/3 cup red wine vinegar

1 tsp. salt

¼ tsp. black pepper

Usually it's served on 1 head iceberg lettuce and 1/3 head romaine lettuce; however, you can use whatever lettuce you like to eat :)

Cheers!

~Laura
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Do you drain the artichoke hearts?
  • pud1960
    pud1960 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1/2 an avocado
    1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    1/2 tsp to 1 tsp of hot sauce
    1/4 cup olive oil
    mix together and use on garden salad
  • jennybeanzie1
    jennybeanzie1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Juice of one lime
    1 tbsp Mango Chutney
    1 tbsp Olive Oil
    Salt and Pepper
    Optional dash of balsamic vinegar

I just started using this recipe and I love it, it gives a real bite to salads and makes lettuce interesting.
  • LDBianca
    LDBianca Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Do you drain the artichoke hearts?

Oh yeah, drain those artichokes.

I always think the salad tastes better the second day when the lettuce is a little wilted and saturated with the dressing; then again, I like a lot of dressing on my salads :)
  • bfitgirl
    bfitgirl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Juice of one lime
    1 tbsp Mango Chutney
    1 tbsp Olive Oil
    Salt and Pepper

I just started using this recipe and I love it, it gives a real bite to salads and makes lettuce interesting.

sounds lovely.
    bump
  • Sadedoes
    Sadedoes Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Dressing 1
    1 tbsp olive oil
    1 - 1.5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
    1 tsp soy sauce
    black pepper to taste

Dressing 2
    1 tbsp olive oil
    1 tbsp lemon juice
    few cilantro leaves, chopped
    salt & pepper

Dressing 3
    1 tbsp olive oil
    1 tbsp red wine vinegar
    1 tsp mustard
    1 tsp soy sauce
    pepper to taste

It seems like little, but I use these recipes for huge salad bowls and it's more than plenty to dress the salad. Unless you enjoy your salad dripping with dressing, in which case you can double/triple/whatever.

My standard salad bowl for two: 100-150gr mixed lettuce, 150 gr carrots (2-4 carrots) , 300 gr tomatoes (2 tomatoes), 200 gr cucumber (about 15cm piece or so), 150 gr bell pepper (1 pepper), some olives, and your favourite form of protein (we do cheese or quorn).
  • AmmyP
    AmmyP Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Juice of one lime
    1 tbsp Mango Chutney
    1 tbsp Olive Oil
    Salt and Pepper

Yum
    Bump