hi! I'm new

Options
Just introducing myself. I weighed myself yesterday and I'm my heaviest ever. So I'm trying to exercise and eat healthy to lose weight and keep it off. I have 2 kids and I'm approx 30 lbs over my ideal weight and not happy about it at all! My trouble is mainly with consistency and sticking with healthy eating and exercise. I'm sure if I could just do that, I'd be fine. So that's where I'm at. Feeling a bit desperate for fast results, but going to lose it the healthy way.

Replies

• freemel
    Options
    nice to meet you, i am new too i have only been here for 3 days but have been using my android good luck on your journey to success :smile:
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    go right ahead and friend me. I want the quick fix too, but remember you didnt gain all that weight overnight so it wont come off overnight, but still it doesnt mean i dont want it off :) im here for you and to encourage you, and it will come off but one day at a time, and if you lose it one or two pounds a week, the odds are to keeping it off.
  • dcl100
    dcl100 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm not exactly new, I've been using this program for 10 weeks. I've lost 17 pounds so far. Losing about 1-2 pounds per week. The program is easier to use than I anticipated. Use the app on my phone to make sure I record everything I eat during the day. Right now I have 4 pounds to go to reach my first goal. Need to lose about 70 lbs in all. Just taking it a day at a time. Know you can lose the pounds you want. Just seems easier to gain weight than to lose it. Good luck!!!
  • lilmoma
    Options
    you can do it!!! just stick to it and think of why your doing it when you start to get weak
  • Twig72
    Twig72 Posts: 11
    Options
    Welcome. I have only been here for a few days but I am loving the site so far. Your story sound pretty similar to mine. I have quit smoking a year ago and in turn started eating more. I would like to lose 25-30 lbs. I am only 2 lbs shy of the weight I was when I gave birth to both my children. I do like to exercise but like you I have a problem with consistency. Feel free to add me as a friend and we could be each others support and lose it together. :smile:
  • dd1224
    dd1224 Posts: 11
    Options
    Wow, thank you everyone! I didn't expect to hear a thing? I'm so motivated just by your nice posts! I've done okay today (day 1) worked out for 40 mins (walk/run) and ate better than usual. I'm excited, I think this time will work. I've never thought of the time it takes to lose weight. In the past I just would want to lose 20 lbs and I'd go nuts starving myself and running to make it happen, this time I'm taking it a lot more slowly, but consistently. that way hopefully I won't burn out and will keep the weight off. Good luck to you all and thanks so much for your posts!