Healthy Savory Snacks Suggestions!

Options
2»

Replies

• raventwo
    raventwo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I make a kalamata dip with cream cheese and kalamata olives, stuff celery sticks with it. Stuff mushrooms - could be spinach, bit of gruyere or cheddar cheese, scallion.

I make pork balls using cheese and scallion, plain ground pork, season pepper, garlic, could use a bit of chipotle chili powder.

Shrimp salad stuffed Belgian endive leaves.

simple skewer of a marinated chicken that you then grill...marinade can be fresh lemon juice, lemon zest, bit of extra virgin olive oil, black pepper, garlic, rosemary or basil.
  • happihazza
    happihazza Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Butternut squash wedges

cut a butternut squash into chuncky fries, spray with fry light and season with sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika and if you like a kick cayenne pepper.

Shove in oven for about 20-30mins depending how thick they are until they're soft in middle and brown on the outside (don't worry if the edges get a little blackened, it's just the sugar caramelising)

They're about 40cals per 100g less than half the cals of white or sweet potatos done the same way.

They're good on there own or dipped in reduced fat sour cream :)

Hadn't thought of using butternut squash! Always used sweet potato - I know what I'm having for dinner now :)
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    -14 g (1/2 serving) of Tostitos scoops + individual tableside greek yoghurt guacamole = 140 calories
    -morning star 1/4 lb black bean burger + 30 g of Jack's Special salsa = 210 calories
    -1 serving president feta + Hannah individual hummus + 1 serving baby carrots = 190 calories
    -KIND bars, any flavor = 190-210 calories

All of those brands/specific products are from Costco. Calories and servings vary based on brands, so be sure to measure.
  • happihazza
    happihazza Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So many great ideas! Thanks everyone. I want to try them all now. I'm keep to make by own dip with cream/cottage cheese (I try to eat lacto free so I'll be looking for that on my next trip to the shops!)

Hungry now :)
  • SlightlyMadman
    SlightlyMadman Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    To piggyback on the avocado cubes suggestion, try it with a bit of miso paste mixed with just a little water (not nearly as much as you'd use for miso soup). Anything salty goes amazing with avocado.
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    some favorites:

wasabi & soy almonds
    Skinny Pop popcorn
  • Munkey83
    Munkey83 Posts: 3
    Options
    Sorry yeah you coat them after soaking - or just use tinned ones and throw them straight in the oven...i will try this soon!