Sexy Sixers New Day Challenge-- Week 3

Options

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Bumping for whenever i can get on the scale. I have the flu big time, in addition to massive menstrual symptoms (even though I had that visit LAST week) so I'm barely standing these days, let alone on a scale. Hopefully by Friday, I'll be able to pull that sucker out of the closet and give it a try. We will see.

Congrats on all the losses (AWESOME CATHY). For those gains, hey, it's a new year, so start kicking some serious but as we have Valentine's Day around the corner and chocolate in our midst.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    good morning,

jennifer....we moved from the bay area to SC years back. so i know it is hard. you will do great. it is SOOOO much different here on the east coast than west coast. laid back, slow.

well after spending 3 hours total in the urgent care, no one has yet to tell me if i broke it or not. i had bent it last night and went through the roof in pain, so decided to go in and have it checked. since it already has an injury and i am diabetic. have always been told to care for the feet first. since it's furthest from the heart. i saw the doctor a total of 4 mins and it took little over 5 mins to snap some xrays. the rest of time was waiting. should have stayed home. i am bruised all the way around the knuckle part of the foot. that's where it hit. oh well, life goes on. heading to the hand doctor for a check up hope he tells me i don't have to wear the brace anymore.

back later
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Jennifer...I wish you the best of luck. You do have to do what's best for that little girl of yours. I can totally relate to that! A child totally changes your priorities in life...and in a good way! You will be fine...I know it!

Cathy...you poor thing! Hope you get everything figured out soon!

Well...I had a good night last night. My legs and abs were SO sore so I did a upper body workout. Changed my dinner plans all together and had Tilapia, baked red potato and broccoli, cauliflour and carrots with a little italian bread crumbs...YUM! Also had 2 chocolate rice cakes in the evening with some sugar free hot cider. Ended up going over in calories by 2..oh well!

Plan today:
    B-Oatmeal, light grape juice, coffee w/sugar-free creamer
    S-Banana, breakfast bar
    L-Tuna salad, 6 reduced fat crackers, baby carrots, light yogurt
    S-2 clementines, 100 cal, pack almonds
    D-Honey Lime pork chop, salad (romaine, spinach, cucumber, tomato, broccoli slaw, chow mein noodles, spritzer dressing)
    S- Raspberries with cool whip free

Exercise:
    Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones (55 minute workout)

Have a great day all!!
  • amy_36
    amy_36 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Yesterday I actually logged all of my food. I didnt measure out my food so not sure how accurate I was but I logged and that is a step in the right direction. And I weighed a pound less this morning. I drank alot of water yesterday to try to flush some out. It must have worked. I am going to stay strong with the water this week. I have also already logged all of my food today so hopefully that will keep me on track.

Maybe I will throw some exercise in there tonight, I need to anyways. I am afraid of the gym and all of its resolutioners butI might just have to go for it.

Have a great day! :drinker:
  • chipper15173
    Options
    afternoon,

well the hand doctor released me today. yea....still have to wear brace when doing some things or out and about. he said let it tell me what i can and can't do.
    xray showed no break. i had to get ahold of them. no one bothered to call me. been resting it today.

having a little struggle today. don't know why. i have stopped eating. which is a first. i could have finished the bag of chips, but, thought than i wouldn't have any for lunch tomorrow. have drank most of my water already. maybe it's the shots causing these feelings of want, but, yet don't really want it. if so great.

off to find something to do.

later
  • amyls8711
    amyls8711 Posts: 101
    Options
    Clare (Finnhead).......................SW 166.8 lbs/ GW 161.0 lbs/ CW 166.8 / PROGRESS 0.0lbs
    Susan (Suedre).........................SW 162.0 lbs/ GW 157.0 lbs/ CW 163.5 lbs/ PROGRESS +1.5 lbs
    Cathy(chipper)...........................SW 250.0 lbs/ GW 245.0 lbs/ CW 245.6 lbs/ PROGRESS -4.4 lbs
    AmyS(Amy_36)..........................SW 209 lbs/ GW 199.0 lbs/ CW 214.4 lbs/ PROGRESS +5.4 lbs
    Kristin (kistinbee)......................SW 169.5 lbs/ GW 165.0 lbs/ CW 173.5 lbs/ PROGRESS +4.0 lbs
    Kel(redneckwoman).................SW 155.8 lbs / GW 150.0 lbs / CW 155.4 lbs / PROGRESS -0.4lbs
    Lauren (ren315)........................SW 203.0 lbs/ GW 199.0 lbs/ CW 206.0 lbs/ PROGRESS +3.0lbs
    Jennifer (candycaneps)...........SW 177.4lbs/ GW 172 lbs/ CW 176.8lbs/ PROGRESS - 0.8lbs
    Amez(Amyls8711).....................SW 280 lbs/ GW 270 lbs/ CW 281 lbs/ PROGRESS +1 lbs

Sandy (Izzypup)..........................SW 187lbs/ GW 184lbs/ CW 189 lbs/ PROGRESS +2.0 lbs
    Tiff (gonabfit) .............................SW 166.5 lbs/ GW 155.0 lbs/CW 165.0/ PROGRESS -1.5 lbs
    Lorna (lulabellewoowoo) .......SW 131.2 lbs/ GW 127.0 lbs/ CW 129.8.2 lbs/PROGRESS -1.4 lbs
    Beky (bekylouisex3)..................SW 133.5 lbs/ GW 128 lbs/ CW 133.5 lbs/ PROGRESS 0.0 lbs
    Lauryn (Phoenix_Rising).........SW 162.8 lbs/ GW 159.0 lbs/ CW 162.8 lbs/ PROGRESS 0.0 lbs

~*~*~*~*~~*
    CAthy --- omgoodness !!!!!! So glad it was not broke! My mom has done that before and broke her baby toe!
    Good for you getting your Water in!

Amy_36- Your on the right path! logging i find is the hardest for me ..... So good for you girl !

kristin-- you are doing awesome! Ur always so planned with your meal plans and working out! keep it up!

lorna-- ugh for the FLU! i hope you feel better! XO

HI to everyone else :D

AFM:
    Day one of potty training my babe!
    HE has done SO Great ........
    and IT keeps ME occupied all day! so I havent wanted to snack !!!!!!!!
    Drank almost all of my water for today!
    Planning on doing a 2 mile walk tomorrow when i wake up!
    Yesterday I did Yoga booty cardio !!!!!!!

Laterz Sixerz!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Amy...oh boy with the potty training!! Good luck!! We bought Kadence a potty for Christmas and she has lots of potty books. She is becoming more aware of when she goes in her diaper and she's starting to tell us. So...we're hoping she decides to try the potty out early!!! (maybe before 2...we shall see...). But she's only 16 months today, so we aren't pushing her at all yet. We just want to be ready whenever she decides! :) Keep us posted on how it's going.

Cathy...glad to hear it's not broken. Just take it easy and DO listen to your body...it will tell you when you're pushing too hard!

AmyS...good job on logging! That's always hardest for me also!

Well...I am almost finished work, then getting the oil changed on the car...then home to make some yummy dinner, exercise, and then some reading in a bubble bath!! I can't wait!!!

Have a good evening all!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    stopped eating. had chicken, quinta and broccoli for dinner. went pass the full mark and the medicine kicked in. tummy upset. this is what it's suppose to do. won't eat pass that full mark again.

have a good healthy choices night.

later
  • amyls8711
    amyls8711 Posts: 101
    Options
    Kristin-- that is awesome! We did that with wyatt around the same age ... getting him used to what it was all about! ... I would have tried earlier but i could tell he just wasnt "ready" .... until TODAY! ;o)

Cathy- Awwwwww so the meds you are on make you feel BAD if you over-eat?? .... Im glad your finding something that works for you!

AFM:
    Day one of potty training was a success!
    No accidents!!!!!!
    and he actually started to control going ...... not just sitting there for long time and then eventually going!
    Im proud of him!
    We shall see what tomorrow brings!

We all ate baked chicken, roasted red potatoes with olive oil drizzled on top, broccoli steamed! :o)
    Baby and Us weere very happy :)

Have a healthy day tomorrow!
    if im not on much its cuz im busy with the babe!
  • izzypup
    izzypup Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Clare (Finnhead).......................SW 166.8 lbs/ GW 161.0 lbs/ CW 166.8 / PROGRESS 0.0lbs
    Susan (Suedre).........................SW 162.0 lbs/ GW 157.0 lbs/ CW 163.5 lbs/ PROGRESS +1.5 lbs
    Cathy(chipper)...........................SW 250.0 lbs/ GW 245.0 lbs/ CW 245.6 lbs/ PROGRESS -4.4 lbs
    AmyS(Amy_36)..........................SW 209 lbs/ GW 199.0 lbs/ CW 214.4 lbs/ PROGRESS +5.4 lbs
    Kristin (kistinbee)......................SW 169.5 lbs/ GW 165.0 lbs/ CW 173.5 lbs/ PROGRESS +4.0 lbs
    Kel(redneckwoman).................SW 155.8 lbs / GW 150.0 lbs / CW 155.4 lbs / PROGRESS -0.4lbs
    Lauren (ren315)........................SW 203.0 lbs/ GW 199.0 lbs/ CW 206.0 lbs/ PROGRESS +3.0lbs
    Jennifer (candycaneps)...........SW 177.4lbs/ GW 172 lbs/ CW 176.8lbs/ PROGRESS - 0.8lbs
    Amez(Amyls8711).....................SW 280 lbs/ GW 270 lbs/ CW 281 lbs/ PROGRESS +1 lbs
    Sandy (Izzypup)..........................SW 187lbs/ GW 184lbs/ CW 191 lbs/ PROGRESS +2.0 lbs

Tiff (gonabfit) .............................SW 166.5 lbs/ GW 155.0 lbs/CW 165.0/ PROGRESS -1.5 lbs
    Lorna (lulabellewoowoo) .......SW 131.2 lbs/ GW 127.0 lbs/ CW 129.8.2 lbs/PROGRESS -1.4 lbs
    Beky (bekylouisex3)..................SW 133.5 lbs/ GW 128 lbs/ CW 133.5 lbs/ PROGRESS 0.0 lbs
    Lauryn (Phoenix_Rising).........SW 162.8 lbs/ GW 159.0 lbs/ CW 162.8 lbs/ PROGRESS 0.0 lbs

OMG... It just keeps going up! Darn...
    Cathy- sorry to hear about your foot but you take care of it!
    Amy/Kristen- Good luck on Potty training... I can't even imagine. It seem like like ages ago that I had to do that with my kids. Hey,,,,,, it was! LOL

I have been doing better about drinking water... YEA! Still not enough but much better. I did work out yesterday. No running yet but it felt good to do some aerobics and a short ab workout. Hey it's a start....
    Chat later....
    Sandy
  • candycaneps
    candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. God had confirmed to us many times that this is the right choice. It just breaks my heart to think this may be the last time I see her.

Hopefully once we get settled I can get into a workout routine....and reading routine! I didnt get around to reading breakfast until almost one today this baby of mine keeps me busy I know reading is very important, I just have a hard time being able to do for myself while caring for her. She is demanding. =)
  • chipper15173
    Options
    good morning,

jennifer....one day at a time
    izzy.....it will come back off. unfortunately it's when it wants to.
    amyls.....good luck with the potty training.
    kristin....she will be ready soon enough. they go so fast. great job on your workouts.
    lula....how you feeling?
    tiff....saw the pics on tamm facebook. you guys looked great. thought your mom was a third sister.
    clare, susan...how are you guys doing?
    kel...hows the wedding plans coming along?
    lauren, beky...how are you?

i woke with some sore body parts today. don't know why. i really need to get to the gym and get a workout done. just full of excuses this morning. note to self. JUST DO IT!!. did ok yesterday. could have been better, but, ok. today will be better.

off to dress and go the 2 miles up the road and get on the machine to health.

later
  • kistinbee
    Options
    GOOD morning!!

Had a GREAT workout last night!! Did my 55 minute Jillian Michaels workout. Burned a little less than on Monday (only 432 calories rather than 480) but it felt good! Then I took a bath and read my book...SO nice!

Plan today:

B-Mix of Total and cinnamon chex cereal, skim milk, coffee w/sugar-free creamer
    S-Banana, breakfast bar
    L-BIG salad...YUM! with light yogurt and hard-boiled egg
    S-Apple, string cheese
    D-Penne pasta, fire roasted garlic tomato sauce, italian turkey meatballs, probably also with a small green salad
    S-??? Something while I'm watching Greys Anatomy!!

Exercise plan:
    I don't know yet...either a shred workout or a lower body workout...or maybe both! :) Don't know yet...but for sure one of them!

Have a FABULOUS day gals!!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    i did it. i went to the gym and did 45 mins cardio, about 10mins hand weights. wore my HRM just to see. i haven't worn that in a long time. it didn't change right with the new year. so i only burned 57 calories. it had my weight at 44. so now all fixed.

off to do chores and shower and dress and just vegg today.

later
  • amy_36
    amy_36 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Logging my food in the morning seems to really be keeping me on track! I can edit before the end of the day and then submit it at the end of the day. This week is about getting the eating in line....next week is going to be all about getting in the exercise. We all seem so very motivated!

And the scale is steadily moving DOWN for once! Yahoo! (I cant help but get on that thing everyday)

Have a wonderful day!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    just checking in. nothing new here. i sure wish son would move out. i feel like i have to always be available to him. that our house isn't ours. like we have a guest. he has until july 1 to find a place to live. sure wish he would start looking. love your kids, but, it's time he becomes an adult and leaves mommy and daddy. he will be 30 next month.
    sorry for the belly aching. i'll stop.

need to finish some laundry and mabe take a nap when he leaves for work.

later
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Cathy Thanks for asking the wedding plans have been on hold with the holidays and such. We are starting to get back to it. Yesterday and today are the first times I have tried to workout. I have just been walking. I still have some evening swelling with my ankle. But I need to start using it...And I need to start working at getting into my dress by September. How is your foot doing?

Kel
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Sandy (Izzypup)..........................SW 187lbs/ GW 184lbs/ CW 191 lbs/ PROGRESS +2.0 lbs
    Lorna (lulabellewoowoo) .......SW 131.2 lbs/ GW 127.0 lbs/ CW 128.4 lbs/PROGRESS -2.8 lbs

• lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Time to try and do catchup ladies. Sorry, but it has been one crazy week(s).

Kel - You will have no problem with that dress. You can kick it until September for sure. All the excitement alone will get those endorphines running.

Cathy - I look at my eight-year-old boy and can't imagine him gone, but am already preparing them that Papa and I are moving away if they don't and they get to keep the bills after a certain age. I hope you don't get too stressed out between now and July. How is your foot? Great job on getting to the gym. You are definitely an inspiration!

amy_36 - Great job on the logging. It really does make a difference doesn't it. You're doing great this challenge.

Kristin - I love how you plan everything out. Definitely makes me re-think my day sometimes and make better choices. Great job on the Jillian Michaels workout. I hear they are killer.

Jennifer - Sorry for the tough decisions you are making. But like your grandmother who sounds like the kind of woman who no doubt put her family first probably no doubt understands the sacrifice you are making. And to have such a great relationship with her means you have some awesome family tales to pass on to your little one.

Sandy - You are a wonderful reminder of my water intake. Because of your postings, I have actually been more conscious of my water this week and have been passing up the diet soda. So thanks.

amyls8711 - Gonna be time to have a "Pee Pee in the Potty Party!" Since we don't celebrate holidays, we find any excuse to celebrate, so that's what we did. What an inspiration! So now my almost 3-year-old niece is starting to get inspired. For me, my daughter decided one day, after multiple months of coaxing, that she was ready and never looked back (within a week or two of being 3). Our son was more "hit and miss" - pun intended. I know you are doing great!

Lauryn - How is your world?

Tiff - Always super busy I'm sure. Thinkin of ya girl.

B - If you are out there, miss ya.

AFM:
    Finally got back to the gym yesterday. After a week of lice outbreak, flu, strep. Then Wednesday I was flossing my teeth and a thin sheet layer of my tooth broke off. What the.... Just from CLEANING my tooth? I didn't feel any pain, just frustration at my widdling tooth? Called the dentist and got in there immediately yesterday morning, wondering if my calcium intake was really that bad. Happily, it was an old bonding that had come off, and she replaced it for free. I told her she would be surprised that it was probably the best news I had heard all day. So afterwards, I went to the gym and got back on the treadmill after 3 days of being sick. Actually got my hour run in, although it was grueling. Then did kickboxing with a friend last night and this morning it hurts to sit down. Thank goodness for Zumba this morning and just "fun" exercising.

Have a great day ladies. Keep up the water intake, keep down the sweets, and keep on truckin'!!!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    good morning,

had a good evening.
    getting papers ready for taxes. since all of my expenses for real estate are a write off and i didn't make anything. what a pain.

back later