Starting my 90lb Journey to a happier me

Options
There are a variety of reasons behind it, but I have decided it's time for me to be happy with how I look and feel. I am currently 6'2" and weigh 290lbs. Ideally, I would like to be 200 lbs. The only problem is that I see the number I need to lose, and know that in order to do this in a healthy manner it will take me around 1 year(which seems like forever).

I've come to the realization that I cannot make this journey alone. I have tried multiple time to do so and have failed. If there is anyone out there that can help me learn about portion control, and nutrient priorities, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, just support in general to keep me on track would help.

I apologize if this is lacking what a normal introduction has, this is my first time doing anything like this. My profile has a little more information about me in it. I look forward to starting this journey, and to making some friends along the way.

Thanks,
Russ

Replies

• sezziejm
    sezziejm Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi, Good luck & feel free to add me :)
  • JamesonEqualsLard
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me so we can be support buddies. I am currently 275, my highest weight being 310. I want to be 180, so I just have five pounds extra to lose from you (95). Yay! I know what you mean about it seeming forever away- I'm like ****, a year? Why bother? But I figure a year will pass whether I'm on a diet or not so might as well spend it on a diet. Good luck with your journey!!!!
  • russellcarolus
    russellcarolus Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Added both. Thanks for the help, and good health to the both of you!