Help - 6 weeks of weight training and did not lose 1 pound

Options
I have spent the last 6 weeks eating well (I thought) and doing Les Mills Pump, which includes 3 days of barbell weight training and also walking, hard core abs, and yoga once in a while. In 6 weeks, I have not lost anything and I am at least 50 lbs overweight. I am so depressed right now and almost feel like giving up. I know I am getting stronger. I have added weight on the bar, walking longer, bike riding twice a week from 10 - 15 miles, trying to eat whole grains, drinking a lot more water, talking Slimming Formula by beachbody. What am I doing wrong? :sad:

Replies

• taramaclaren
    taramaclaren Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have spent the last 6 weeks eating well (I thought) and doing Les Mills Pump, which includes 3 days of barbell weight training and also walking, hard core abs, and yoga once in a while. In 6 weeks, I have not lost anything and I am at least 50 lbs overweight. I am so depressed right now and almost feel like giving up. I know I am getting stronger. I have added weight on the bar, walking longer, bike riding twice a week from 10 - 15 miles, trying to eat whole grains, drinking a lot more water, talking Slimming Formula by beachbody. What am I doing wrong? :sad:

Did you stay within your calorie goal on MFP?
  • bittyx2
    bittyx2 Posts: 2
    Options
    Yes. Sorry I should have stated that I did follow the eating plan. :)
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    1. Have you taken measurements, and have they changed?
    2. Are you weighing and/or measuring everything you eat honestly and tracking it?
    3. If yes to #2, are you certain you're eating at a deficit?
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is all about being in a calorie deficit.
    Will you open your food diary? We can probably make more specific comments and suggestions if we're able to see what you're eating.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Please provide your stats:

Height:
    Daily Calories Intake:
    Weekly Weight Loss Goal:
    Health Issues If Applicable:
  • TheIrish1981
    TheIrish1981 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Am I mistaken or isn't it impossible not to lose weight if you are running a calorie deficit? I've lost 10 pounds in barely over 2 weeks running a calorie deficit.