Weighing nuts

Options
Was just curious about this! - I quite regularly eat monkey nuts (200g bag from Tesco) and I'm just wondering when weighing these if I weigh them in shells or not? - I eat 25g in shells usually, as a snack!

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

Replies

• Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Was just curious about this! - I quite regularly eat monkey nuts (200g bag from Tesco) and I'm just wondering when weighing these if I weigh them in shells or not? - I eat 25g in shells usually, as a snack!

Any help appreciated!

Thanks
    Well most people don't normally eat the shells so….……………
  • Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    If you eat the shells on their own, I guess you should log them...But I'm not sure you could find the nutrition information for nut shells since you aren't supposed to eat them.
  • MichaelRobinson1994
    MichaelRobinson1994 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    25g in shells was meaning I eat what is weighed as 25g while in their shells, I don't eat the shells themselves
  • Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    25g in shells was meaning I eat what is weighed as 25g while in their shells, I don't eat the shells themselves

Oh, well then yeah, only weigh what you plan to eat. You wouldn't count the weight of a banana peel or the skin of an orange either.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

Google the nuts you're eating and find a nutritional entry that lists them without shells. Then weigh your nuts (immature giggle), eat your nuts (immature laughter) and weight the remaining shells. Or just shell them first, weight what you're about to eat and log it.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Monkey nuts? Googled Tesco monkey nuts and it looks like they are peanuts? Never heard them called that before! When I worked produce I often heard Kiwi fruit referred to as monkey nuts, so that's what I thought you were referring to! :tongue:

And wow, you eat the shells?
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough I do eat some of the shells....extra fiber don't you know!!! On the more real side of things most information I have seen on nuts says "x" calories for "x" number of nuts....I count mine and record this way. And again, as they say, "bet you can't eat just one...." This whole thread is just cracking me up......
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    WTF, hahahaha.

Monkey nuts!!!??? The images in my head are cracking me up!!!

That monkey better be grateful.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    WTF, hahahaha.

Monkey nuts!!!??? The images in my head are cracking me up!!!

That monkey better be grateful.
    naughty.gif