Returning and Looking for Friends!

Options
Hello all. I've been a part of Myfitnesspal for years. I've done well with it, and not done well with it at other times. Last September, my dad was diagnosed with cancer, and I went through some hefty emotional times, and have been on medications for depression (which has always been there but I had mostly handled before). It contributed to me gaining a lot of the weight back that I had lost, and I was actually so ashamed of what I perceived as my failure that I deleted my account.

Things have taken a better turn. My dad had surgery and has been having chemo treatments, and so far he looks like he might be in the clear. I've been logging my foods and doing the C25k and walking pretty consistently, but the thing I've missed about the site is the friends that I used to have.

I am 5'8, and I weighed 266 pounds at my heaviest. While on this site, I lost down to 198, but I have gained back to 254. I really don't want to continue this pattern. I have lots of nice pants I'd like to get back into! :)

If you have room for another friend, please add me!

Thank you all.

Replies

• redraider1
    redraider1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • ilyahna2014
    ilyahna2014 Posts: 45
    Options
    Thank you! I'm looking forward to succeeding. :)
  • mlrodgers381
    mlrodgers381 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am glad things are looking up for you, welcome back! Feel free to add me, if you'd like!! ;)
  • LaRonda83
    LaRonda83 Posts: 2
    Options
    Here's to your success I hope things only continue to get better for you from here on out :-)
    I am looking for positive & supportive friends also so feel free to add me!
  • a302b188
    a302b188 Posts: 13
    Options
    Welcome back!! It's awesome you are taking the first step to take care of yourself. I am looking for supportive nice friends as well, so feel free to add me and read my weight loss story: http://aleysvirtualgym.com/Aleysstory.

-Aley
  • tammylegattjohnson1
    Options
    HEY! Welcome back! Please feel free to add me. Write down what you are looking to accomplish for your nutrtional/fitness goals so you can see them each day and write down how your doing to get there.
  • ilyahna2014
    ilyahna2014 Posts: 45
    Options
    I hope I can do as well as you all seem to be doing!