FRUCTOSE CONVERTS TO FAT

Options

Replies

• k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    As a rule of thumb, natural sugars present in fruits like Fructose are ALWAYS OK to eat as long as you stay on your daily macros. Artificial sweeteners are the ones that should be avoided AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE... these include Aspartame, Sucralose, Acesulfame K, Saccharin, and all that crap they put in the so called "Diet Products" or "0% Products"... Always read the labels of what you're about to eat, not just for calorie count..

Get your nutrients from mother nature as much as possible, stay on your macros, exercise, rest properly and behold your progressive transformation...

Right. And what is wrong with Aspartame again? Or any of those you listed for that matter? Besides that they are not "natural" whatever that means (nature is chemistry too you know).

Love me some Aspartame.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    As a rule of thumb, natural sugars present in fruits like Fructose are ALWAYS OK to eat as long as you stay on your daily macros. Artificial sweeteners are the ones that should be avoided AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE... these include Aspartame, Sucralose, Acesulfame K, Saccharin, and all that crap they put in the so called "Diet Products" or "0% Products"... Always read the labels of what you're about to eat, not just for calorie count..

Get your nutrients from mother nature as much as possible, stay on your macros, exercise, rest properly and behold your progressive transformation...

Right. And what is wrong with Aspartame again? Or any of those you listed for that matter? Besides that they are not "natural" whatever that means (nature is chemistry too you know).

Love me some Aspartame.

I'm just wondering what is not "natural" about a methyl ester of two common amino acids.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Joanne just pm'd me. She said 17 apples is the limit. These are regular sized apples not those crazy massive ones they have in Japan for example. If you eat 18, you will get fat. If you stick to 17 or under you will be crazy fit and will be able to do KB windmills with the best of them.

Hope that helps.
    Phew.....Thank god. Because I've eaten 16 already today and had 2 more planned for desert tonight.

if I ate 17 apples a day I think I would have other problems...

^this

If I ate 17 apples in one day, I would be hoping that Joanne was right and that my demise was near...

...and failing that, that a bathroom was near...

...with extra super soft toilet paper...

...and engaging reading material.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Also, did we ever learn the generally regarded as safe daily amounts of fructose (from all sources)?
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    methyl ester

Sounds like a scary evil chemical.

Or one of the Golden Girls.
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options

I can't listen to you until you pull up your pants.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    FRUITLOOPS_zps5216ff85.jpg

an excerpt of an article by Patrick J. Skerrett, Executive Editor, Harvard Health

The following statement taken from part of his article really says a lot!!!

"Every year I attend scores of talks on health and nutrition. Few prompt me to change what I do or what I eat..... thinking hard about sugar in my children’s diets.

This is a good explanation of how sugar converts to fat in the body when eaten in excess.

When fructose is joined to glucose, it makes sucrose. Sucrose is abundant in sugar cane, sugar beets, corn, and other plants. When extracted and refined, sucrose makes table sugar. In the 1800s and early 1900s, the average American took in about 15 grams of fructose (about half an ounce), mostly from eating fruits and vegetables. Today we average 55 grams per day (73 grams for adolescents). The increase in fructose intake is worrisome because it suspiciously parallels increases in obesity, diabetes, and a new condition called nonalcoholic fatty liver disease that now affects up to one-third of Americans. (You can read more about nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in a Harvard Health Letter article.)

Virtually every cell in the body can use glucose for energy. In contrast, only liver cells break down fructose. What happens to fructose inside liver cells is complicated. One of the end products is triglyceride, a form of fat. Uric acid and free radicals are also formed.

None of this is good. Triglycerides can build up in liver cells and damage liver function. Triglycerides released into the bloodstream can contribute to the growth of fat-filled plaque inside artery walls. Free radicals (also called reactive oxygen species) can damage cell structures, enzymes, and even genes. Uric acid can turn off production of nitric oxide, a substance that helps protect artery walls from damage. Another effect of high fructose intake is insulin resistance, a precursor to diabetes.

Every year I attend scores of talks on health and nutrition. Few prompt me to change what I do or what I eat. Lustig’s talk has me looking at the amount of sugar I take in, and thinking hard about sugar in my children’s diets.

ANYTHING eaten in excess is converted to stored body fat. Please just stop.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Also, did we ever learn the generally regarded as safe daily amounts of fructose (from all sources)?

Over 9000
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Love me some Aspartame.

I'm just wondering what is not "natural" about a methyl ester of two common amino acids.

1nat·u·ral
    adjective \ˈna-chə-rəl, ˈnach-rəl\

: existing in nature and not made or caused by people : coming from nature
    : not having any extra substances or chemicals added : not containing anything artificial
    : usual or expected

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/natural
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options

1nat·u·ral

: not having any extra substances or chemicals added : not containing anything artificial

Natural does not equal healthy. In the same vein, artificial does not equal unhealthy.
    Here are some natural things, should I eat them? Hemlock, English Yew, lead, arsenic.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

1nat·u·ral

Natural does not equal healthy. In the same vein, artificial does not equal unhealthy.
    Here are some natural things, should I eat them? Hemlock, English Yew, lead, arsenic.

Depends on what your goals are. :wink:
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options

1nat·u·ral

Depends on what your goals are. :wink:
    I suppose it would be a way to achieve dramatic, long lasting, weight loss... :)
  • bcattoes
    Options

1nat·u·ral

Eat whatever you want, natural or not, healthy or not. Someone asked what was not natural about aspartame, so I provided an answer.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Joanne just pm'd me. She said 17 apples is the limit. These are regular sized apples not those crazy massive ones they have in Japan for example. If you eat 18, you will get fat. If you stick to 17 or under you will be crazy fit and will be able to do KB windmills with the best of them.

Hope that helps.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Also, eating 17 regular sized apples would equal about 323g of sugar (based on the USDA entry of red apples at 19g per a 1med/3"dia/182g apple).

So basically anything over 323g of sugar would be bad.

Kind of a duh moment there in my opinion.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

1nat·u·ral

Eat whatever you want, natural or not, healthy or not. Someone asked what was not natural about aspartame, so I provided an answer.

So there are no dipeptide methyl esters in nature? Just because something is mass produced through chemical synthesis does not mean that the original basis for it wasn't a natural product.
  • bcattoes
    Options

1nat·u·ral

So there are no dipeptide methyl esters in nature? Just because something is mass produced through chemical synthesis does not mean that the original basis for it wasn't a natural product.

aspartame is a man-made product. Man-made =/= natural. Ever.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

1nat·u·ral

Bees make honey and it's considered natural. How come what humans make isn't also considered natural? Why do so many people consider humans and their actions unnatural?

Semantics, I know...
  • bcattoes
    Options

1nat·u·ral

Bees make honey and it's considered natural. How come what humans make isn't also considered natural? Why do so many people consider humans and their actions unnatural?

Semantics, I know...

It doesn't really matter what most people consider. Words have definitions. The definition of the word natural is above.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    So, is a pluot natural?

Or more importantly, is the fructose in a pluot special in any discernible way?