Protein shakes suddenly tasting NASTY??

Options
I'm working towards losing 50-75 pounds. 6 months ago, I was really good with using pretty much any brand of Protein shake. I liked the taste and it was no problem.

Getting back on the healthy thing, I really need to increase my protein so started making them again. However, same mix (Not expired) tastes absolutely NASTY. I've tried adding fruits, honey, yogurt, chocolate, peanut butter,ice/no ice, almond milk or water, etc-- nope. It still tastes nasty to me. No matter what combination of flavors, they all are tasting really gross to me now.

Since I have an allergy to all mio type things, the ONLY thing I drink is water or shakes. Now I cannot drink more than a few sips and I'm gagging.

Any suggestions? I know it's not REQUIRED, but it's convenient and really helps with the protein for me.

Replies

• agwhopkins
    agwhopkins Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like the EAS carb advantage. I have tried many and like them for a while and then they start to sick.
  • AnnetteCorrado983
    Options
    Have you tried a top on the protein shake or straw use? I use unsweetend almond milk or coconut.
  • joyfulhappyheart
    joyfulhappyheart Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    yes, I always drink with a straw. It's a habit of mine.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Is it just one particular brand that you've had since you started back with shakes? Maybe you got a bad batch?
  • joyfulhappyheart
    joyfulhappyheart Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    it's the same jug of stuff (not expired).. I actually have 4 flavors, and they are all gagging me.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Maybe you were doing paleo and your DNA changed.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I'd chuck 'em and go with something else to get my protein in - whole eggs, greek yogurt, nuts, seeds, legumes, lean meats, cheeses, etc. - not worth suffering!
  • mike7418
    mike7418 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been using BodyTech get it at the Vitamin Shoppe
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    if its powder or bust then i think you just have to keep trying different brands.

FYI- once or twice i've gotten a tub that just tastes way off. I gave the tub a very good shaking and it tasted more like normal.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    it's the same jug of stuff (not expired).. I actually have 4 flavors, and they are all gagging me.

you keep saying not expired, have they sat around for a long time? it sounds dumb but try shaking them vigoursly lol