p90x users!

Options
i'm about to start p90x on sunday. do you guys stick to the nutrition plan too? i don't have the booklet so i'm not sure if it will make a huge difference. i already eat generally healthy, stick to 1,200 calories a day.

Replies

• Shawnalee0703
    Options
    you may find that you need to eat more than 1200 while doing p90x. BUT I woulkd just suggest that you go for following the routine and eat well rounded nutrient dense foods and if you find that it is not working.... then fix it. ;) Have fun!
  • needa1
    needa1 Posts: 8
    Options
    I have not been sticking to the plan because i tried something before p90x that worked for me. I felt that the book had a lot of foods in it and it was a lot of calories for me to eat in a day, me and a friend of mine have followed our own diets, and it is working out just fine. I did however buy the supplements and get a multivitamin to add to some of the things that i may not get in a day. Also u may want to get a heart rate monitor from Walmart if you are counting your calories, because with the monitor your results will be more accurate then following the 600 on average that people burn while doing p90x. i did the plyometrics today and burn almost 900 calories, its based off your heart rate which is much more accurate.
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    great question someone told me they would give me the dvd's but they don't have the "paperwork" I am not quite ready for p90X yet but I will start it at some point this year! So as I said great question, do we need the other stuff or are the videos good enough?
  • needa1
    Options
    The videos are good enough and you can search google to find the books, if u want them, just look for a torrent download.
  • Jena_72
    Options
    I have not been sticking to the plan because i tried something before p90x that worked for me. I felt that the book had a lot of foods in it and it was a lot of calories for me to eat in a day, me and a friend of mine have followed our own diets, and it is working out just fine. I did however buy the supplements and get a multivitamin to add to some of the things that i may not get in a day. Also u may want to get a heart rate monitor from Walmart if you are counting your calories, because with the monitor your results will be more accurate then following the 600 on average that people burn while doing p90x. i did the plyometrics today and burn almost 900 calories, its based off your heart rate which is much more accurate.
    great advice I want an HRM so bad!! Pretty soon....
  • jill_wa
    Options
    I do something similar....crossfit. The community is AMAZING. There's something to be said for having real people working out with you and cheering you on.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    i dont have the booklet either, i just log my calories here and try to stay under goal. they say you should eat a good bit of calories with p90x, my allowance is already pretty high i dont know what yours would be here, just make sure you are eating healthy
  • Jena_72
    Options
    The videos are good enough and you can search google to find the books, if u want them, just look for a torrent download.
    Thanks! BTW I love your tattoo!
  • Jena_72
    Options
    i'm about to start p90x on sunday. do you guys stick to the nutrition plan too? i don't have the booklet so i'm not sure if it will make a huge difference. i already eat generally healthy, stick to 1,200 calories a day.
    good luck don't forget to take your Day 1 pics! :smile:
  • needa1
    Options
    They have some that count calories at Walmart for $30 as a watch, it works great.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    If you plan to get a HRM.... which I highly recommend. I would suggest you get one with a strap that constantly tracks your HR. Polar is worth every penny!
    I am doing the videos only myself.... well I have done a few to give it a shot and plan to jump in next week on the schedule! Keep us posted on your progress!! :-D
  • simplynila
    simplynila Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I LOVE P90X. It's done wonders for me. I got copies from a friend and he had a downloaded copy of the book. Eat healthy, watch your calories, buy a heart rate monitor and you'll be set! Beachbody.com has online message boards and such that can help out with more questions. Beachbody is P90X's parent company. :)