1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
6 chicken breasts

Notes:
makes 6 servings

How to make it

1.Preheat oven to 425°F.

2.In a bowl stir to combine sugar, paprika, cumin, salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic powder.

3.Coat each chicken breast thoroughly with this sugar/spice rub and place on a rimmed baking sheet. (For a better flavor, place the spiced rubbed chicken breasts in a sealable plastic food storage bag and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to overnight). Place in the oven and bake for 20-22 minutes until cooked through. Serve.

To me, the rub mixture is not enough for 6 pieces of chicken. I only made two pieces and almost used all of the rub.

Replies

• Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Have to try this.. Anything with cumin is in for me.. Thanks for sharing.
  • acarr4u
    acarr4u Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • julieager75
    julieager75 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Save for later...
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the share!

Have to try this.. Anything with cumin is in for me.. Thanks for sharing.

TROOF!!!

Going to put this down on the "try" list.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    That sounds really good and definitely something different!
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Going to have to try this for sure! Thanks for sharing!
  • amethyst7986
    amethyst7986 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! Looks like I'll be making it this week!
  • jls341
    jls341 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
  • back2happy2005
    back2happy2005 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AlexPaige
    AlexPaige Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    This is SO GOOD.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Sweet! A recipe I actually have the ingredients for! I guess I know what I'm making tonight :) Thanks for sharing!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious...

225841.jpg

I don't get why you can bake it and the brown sugar doesn't burn. It's the main reason I don't use that or honey on chicken recipes, I'm always afraid of burnt outsides. If anyone can answer why this recipe works without burning, I'd love to try it b/c those combos of spices sounds yummy.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I have chicken breasts in the fridge for tomorrow night. I think I am going to try this on them. Thanks.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious...

225841.jpg

I don't get why you can bake it and the brown sugar doesn't burn. It's the main reason I don't use that or honey on chicken recipes, I'm always afraid of burnt outsides. If anyone can answer why this recipe works without burning, I'd love to try it b/c those combos of spices sounds yummy.

It does look delicious. I can't answer your question, though.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I have chicken breasts in the fridge for tomorrow night. I think I am going to try this on them. Thanks.

Cool. A guinea pig. Let us know how it goes and if burning sugars become an issue. IDKY I fear that so much. Must've burnt somehting once.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Cool. A guinea pig. Let us know how it goes and if burning sugars become an issue. IDKY I fear that so much. Must've burnt somehting once.

Will do.
  • CanadianCountryGirl1973
    CanadianCountryGirl1973 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Sounds really good! Ironically this evening, we are having Sugar Cane Pork Chops (196 calories a serving, 21 g protein, 9 g fat). Recipe from Bonnie Stern Heart Smart cook book.
  • jen076
    jen076 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love a good chicken recipe and am always looking for new ideas. I will definitely have to try this one.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Tried it and yup, super-yummy! (Also, I was able to generously coat four 5oz chicken breasts with the rub).

ETA: I put a very small amount of water in the dish (just enough to cover the bottom). I don't know if that's why it didn't burn but I always find that having just a little water in the pan helps keep meat moist. Maybe the fact the brown sugar is a dry mix helps too.