anyone lose weight with ZUMBA!?

Options

Replies

• verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Wowzers, congrats on the weight loss !

I love Zumba & try to attend classes at my gym when I don't have to work ...... so much fun !
  • seismicmuffin
    seismicmuffin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! I have Zumba Core for the Wii. When I first started losing weight I was doing either the 20 min high intensity or 60 min med intensity 5 days a week. I've started another program the past 3 weeks so I haven't been doing it as often but it sure is a lot of fun. I work up a great sweat.
  • sfsoccermom2
    sfsoccermom2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I love zumba. I just started doing the DVDs at home which I purchased over two years ago. They are tough, but everyone is telling me they are seeing results. I don't see it yet. I also walk when I can and I do strength training two days a week.
  • californiajuls
    californiajuls Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fun! I will dust off the DVD and get started... Have a great weekend!

1630152.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • LoveDanceSing
    LoveDanceSing Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I love zumba and I've been thinking about buying the new one with the step block or the game for the wii. Has anyone done the new one with the step block?
  • LaLaLovely76
    LaLaLovely76 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!
  • Renneke
    Renneke Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I love zumba and I've been thinking about buying the new one with the step block or the game for the Wii. Has anyone done the new one with the step block?

I had been using the Wii game a lot, but fell off the Zumba band wagon during a 30 day challenge in April. I wanted to start again in May, but first I was sick and now I'll be out of town until Tuesday night. Is the new one with the step block a Wii game or DVD?
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Oh man! I have a friend IRL that's lost a lot of weight taking Zumba classes, I need to get in on this!
  • LoveDanceSing
    LoveDanceSing Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I love zumba and I've been thinking about buying the new one with the step block or the game for the Wii. Has anyone done the new one with the step block?

I had been using the Wii game a lot, but fell off the Zumba band wagon during a 30 day challenge in April. I wanted to start again in May, but first I was sick and now I'll be out of town until Tuesday night. Is the new one with the step block a Wii game or DVD?
    It's on dvds with the step block
  • dmota0425
    dmota0425 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just started zumba at my local gym, i love it!! u can loose weight while dancing and having fun. I have been goin for 3 weeks and have lost about 5 pounds!!! i luv it
  • Sugarhiccup03
    Sugarhiccup03 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've lost most of my weight doing zumba and I love it! It's the only program I've been able to stick with. I started with the Exhilaration set and finally branched out into classes. It's so much fun! I'm considering buying the set with the step block at some point as well.
  • Shaselai
    Shaselai Posts: 151
    Options
    i have done a low calorie diet and that certainly contributed to my weightloss but zumba is THE exercise i do 90% of the time per week and i know if there's any weight lost due to exercise that would be it. Also, before exercising i was a lazy slob and there's no motivation. With Zumba i am eager to go after work EVERYDAY because of the music, instructor to some degree and the non-routineness of it that makes time pass by so quickly.
  • smokinhotmomma82
    smokinhotmomma82 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Zumba is awsome!! I do it at home on the Wii & it really has helped! I can pick the intensity, legnth & songs. My waist (smallest of the hourglass) has really shrank.
  • karmac0matic
    karmac0matic Posts: 285
    Options
    One thing I'll say is, it's fantastic that you've lost so much so quickly but don't be disappointed when the number starts slowing or plateaus for a bit. It might feel discouraging to lose so much right away to then suddenly lose a pound or so a week, but it's just your body figuring out how to move around the calories you're eating/burning/water weight/ etc. Plus the less you weigh, the less you have to lose, thus the longer it'll take to get higher numbers off.

Best of luck to you! I def want to try Zumba someday soon!
  • LoreeBelle
    LoreeBelle Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    LOVE Zumba! Just order the Exhilaration DVDs from Amazon yesterday! Can't wait to get them and get started!!!
  • Shaselai
    Shaselai Posts: 151
    Options
    One thing i want to say is doing zumba with others is a lot more exciting than doing it yourself at home. Whether it be at a gym in a group setting (HIGHLY RECOMMEND) or with some pals it really motivates you - plus the extra benefit of doing it in a class setting is it is not repetitive. Doing it against a tv/dvd will get boring pretty quick - i found that out with P90x etc. which i did lose weight but everytime i do it i was just trying to get it over with.

Going to gym will take commitment and depending on personal circumstances (money,family, time , work etc.) it might not be possible for everybody BUT if it is money then thats "not a problem" considering how ~30-40/month membership will help you accelerate your weight loss AND save your doctor visits in the future it is WELL WORTH IT.

On a side note if anyone in NOVA/DC area - if you love zumba you gotta check out Sensazao - it is Zumba on steroids! It is faster, stronger and more exhilarating than your typical zumba. There are no "slow songs" which means you are always pushing your HR - it is challenging for sure but if you have done zumba and other cardio for a bit i think you should definitely try it out! It is very popular in the area - case in point: of my favorite ZUMBA instructors across numerous golds gyms almost all of them have/are sensazao dancers and they play those songs too...
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba twice a week, cardio kickboxing once a week, body pump two times a week and shred once a week. I love Zumba!

I just got certified to teach Zumba yesterday and I am getting a CPR certification (hopefully) on Tuesday. I have a Zumba Gold Training the beginning of June. Hoping to be ready to teach by the end of the year. I've been doing additional Zumba classes at other places than my gym, but haven't found another place that I like the instructors as much. Sometimes I do a long routine from YouTube. Now that I'm certified and a member of ZIN, I'll be getting DVDs every month.
  • KarenB927
    KarenB927 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have the one with the step (Zumba Incredible Results). I love it. I always liked step aerobics, and I absolutely love Zumba (it's the only exercise I do) and this one combines 2 types of exercise I like. I really like the Super Cardio Dance Party that comes with it, because it has cardio bursts during each routine that really gets your heart rate up. The Amazing Abs is great too, because most of it is done while sitting. I alternate, doing Dance Party one day, and the Step and Abs the next.
  • nappsmcgee
    nappsmcgee Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! I started doing the DVDs in mid January, and in February I joined the gym to do the classes there (with an occasional Body Combat or Body Pump class here and there). I started at over 300 lbs and am now down to about 281. I work hard in Zumba, so it works. :)

may2014_zps848d62ca.jpg
  • Ladina1990
    Ladina1990 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I just received my new Zumba Core game for the Xbox360 Kinect. I absolutely love it. I fell off the bandwagon after mom passed but now with this Zumba game I hope to get amazing results.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!