help with love handles and macros!! please.

Options
2»

Replies

• Jessicailu
    Jessicailu Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! I will read up on him for sure!
  • Joanne_Moniz
    Joanne_Moniz Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.

After a year of not using mfp I decided to come back and lose some weight again! I started in April and as of may 5th I had lost 4 pounds but since then I haven't lost anything! I want to lose around 10 more pounds and tighten and tone my body. Especially my stomach. My settings was on to lose 1 pound a week and they put me at 1200 calories to eat a day. Well I was feeling deprived , always hungry , so I looked up my tdee like a lot of people in the forums have said to do and various sites had me from 1700 to 1800 so I -20% and I got about 1350 and I am going to try doing that starting today. I wanna know how if my Marcos are correct though. They have me at:

Carbs:170
    Fat: 45
    Protein: 68
    Sodium: 2300
    Sugar: 45

I'm usually good with staying within those numbers except for sugar cause I like to eat a lot of fruit. I was just wondering if those numbers are okay or if I should change them? If so, to what?

I am 120 pounds, 25 years old. I don't really have a goal weight but I set it on here to 110 and to lose 1 pound a week working out 4 days a week for 30 minutes. I am also thinking of doing the 30 day shred program.

Also, I want to get rid of those love handles! I know you can't spot reduce but if there is some type of excersis that is more effective in getting rid of them please let me know!

No; your macros are not set correctly. There is a RDA, recommended daily allowance for protein and is then adjusted according to your activity level (exercise). You are then left with fat and carbohydrates to set. Carbohydrates are set 50 to 100 grams for weight loss. The fat then sets itself.
  • jmangini
    jmangini Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! I will read up on him for sure!
    here's the link to the entire article. It's a good read.

http://www.menshealth.com/celebrity-fitness/jason-statham-superlean-workout
  • jmangini
    jmangini Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You may want to look into military training regimes too. I used to work out with a group of Navy guys. The were very muscular and they did circuits of push-ups. Pull-ups, sit ups, jump squats. They'd do like 10 sets of those without rest.
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    What is bulking and cutting? Do I need a specific diet for it? I don't need to be ripped, I don't need a 6 pack. I dont want to look like a body builder, I just want a nice flat tummy and no love handles. I just want to be toned. And I am going to start using my 5 lbs weight. I wouldn't be able to go any higher than that right now.

I did reset to lose 0.5 lbs a week. My fat intake is the same. My calories now is 1320.

This is where I want to be

9_zps8da24338.jpg

Bulking is eating an excess of calories while strength training (usually for hypertrophy in 8-12 rep sets) in order to gain muscle mass. While you gain muscle you will also gain some fat.

Cutting is eating a small calorie deficit while strength training in order to lose fat while maintaining the muscle mass built during a bulk cycle.

Recomposition is trying to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. This is very difficult for your body to do and will only happen under fairly strict circumstances.

The typical "swimsuit model" physique you're going for (like in the picture you provided) is what muscle looks like on women. The "bodybuilder" sort of physique in women is only achieved with steroids and/or years and years of unflagging dedication. It is literally impossible to accidentally end up that way through moderate strength training/heavy lifting. The swimsuit/lingerie model BF% is usually around 18%. Fashion models, for comparison, generally have the same BF% but with much less muscle mass.

In order to achieve the look you want, you're going to need to start lifting heavy.

Heavy is relative. You're going to want to use weights that you can't lift more than 12 times, and my guess is that 5lbs isn't going to cut it. If you don't have access to heavier weights you can use body weight exercises like push ups and pistol squats, anything that gets you close to failure after 10 reps. There are a lot of programs that design BW exercises that are challenging for all fitness levels.