Not giving up...but so frustrated.

Options
So I started to change the way I eat about 3 weeks ago. I used to eat out everyday, lunch and dinner and then drink what I should have been drinking in water - in Coke. I had dropped drinking coke all together for the last three weeks and decreased my eating out to 2 days a week and only for dinner and even then I watch what I order. The first week I lost a whopping 7lbs, which I knew was because of my dramatic change in diet, and I knew it would slow. The next week I lost a pound and I haven't lost anything since. I have been taking measurements but nothing really exciting is happening there. I have increased my exercising a bit, doing more bike riding than anything. And I work retail in a big store and I am always on my feet. Kinda feeling a bit discouraged. Anyone have any tips?

Replies

• miss_phat_booty
    Options
    The best tip is..... Patience and accurate food logging.

It didn't take you 3 weeks to put the weight on so its not going to take 3 weeks to take it all off.
  • beckyjeanleemaddox
    beckyjeanleemaddox Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I stayed at 190 for about 2 weeks, just dropped below 190 today. Yes it's fast at first but then slows down. I'm just now getting settled in with losing 1 1b every 1-2 weeks. Don't get discouraged. It happens slowly but it's so worth the journey.As of today I have 58 more lbs to lose so we're kind of in the same boat!!!! I want to weigh 130. I'm 5'4" and I'm 57 years old. Feel free to add me if you want a bit of encouragement.
  • SoniaGarcha
    Options
    What miss_phat_boo says is totallyy right (and something I have to remind myself of a lot!)

I've had a similar thing, where I used to eat out a lot and just generally wasn't healthy, but since February I've changed that. I work out 6 days a week (doing Shaun T's T25 and a lot of walking) , and become significantly better with my eating.. The first few weeks the weight flew off I lost 7 IBs since then I've only lost a few more pounds. I've realized though, my fat is becoming muscle (which weighs more) and it is going to take time (and persistence!) to get down to my ideal weight (6 more pounds to go!!)

I think you need to bring in working out to your healthy diet though. I highly recommend T25. As someone who used to use any excuse not to work out, it's hard to have any when the work out is only 25 minutes long!!

Good luck with your journey
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Keep logging, making healthier choices and don't give up. Gradually increase your activity each day, that may be nothing more than walking at first, but it helps.

For me, I'll lose several pounds in a week, then won't see any progress for a couple of weeks. It took me about 3 months before I figured out that cycle. My point is, you will eventually discover what is normal for you. It may be something similar.
  • mariestevenson24
    Options
    i so understand ive been stuck for a while need to lose 35 more pounds and its sad
  • saynay18
    saynay18 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sounds like ur doing the right things, and u have made some progress! Do NOT give up! U will regret it later. Maybe take a closer look at the food ur making at home....get ur water in everyday and keep going!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    If what is logged in your diary is correct you need to eat more, you can't eat 800 calories and exercise off 120 netting under 700 calories.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options
    The best tip is..... Patience and accurate food logging.

It didn't take you 3 weeks to put the weight on so its not going to take 3 weeks to take it all off.

This is the truth.

Patience. Persistence. Consistency.

One week without a loss is nothing. It's not linear. Some weeks you lose more than expected, some less.

Keep at it.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    After looking at your diary I suggest that you work on being as accurate as possible. If you are not using a food scale to weigh all solids you could be eating more than you think. Even things like the deli meat need to be weighed to make sure your calorie count is as accurate as possible. Also avoid using food entries that are marked as generic.

Also make sure that you are logging everything.

Here is a link that will help you with the basics of getting started:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Just don't give up! With the right tools and some help you can do this.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options
    If what is logged in your diary is correct you need to eat more, you can't eat 800 calories and exercise off 120 netting under 700 calories.

If you are eating this little, it will be very tough to sustain your efforts. And long term deprivation can affect your metabolism. Plan for the long run. Do it right. Be patient.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    you need to weigh and log everything you eat. Be consistent and persistent.
  • bubbly12389
    bubbly12389 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I really am appreciating all the feedback!