Movie Scenes that Make you CRY Every Time!

Replies

• slimjame
    slimjame Posts: 128 Member
    Click. It gets me every time.
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Elf, when their singing makes the Clausometer needle go up.
  • la_te_ra_lus
    la_te_ra_lus Posts: 243 Member
    The scene in Blow when Johnny Depp leaves his father a tape recording .. Makes me think of my dad that passed away.
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Cool Runnings....the bit after they've crashed; they're carrying the sled & everyone starts applauding them
  • MN4US
    MN4US Posts: 78 Member
    Lion King: Mufasa!!! :'( has made me cry every single time I've watched it since I was 6

Up: First 8 minutes :'(
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    If I've seen a movie listed above I've cried while watching it. I cry at everything. I cry at commercials. I cry while I'm reading. I cried here at work while I was reading all of your above posts :cry:
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    I got really sad when Spiderman lost his girl and saw her little video message thing at the end.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Ohhh yes, A Walk to Remember for sure!! :sad:

The end of Ghost is pretty sad...especially knowing Patrick Swayze is gone now too!

Certain scenes in Pearl Harbor are pretty sad. :(

Brian's Song.
  • Tryxxie2013
    Tryxxie2013 Posts: 1,489 Member
    "Finding Neverland"...a lot of the movie makes me cry, but the scene right after Peter's mom dies and he's sitting on the park bench with Johnny Depp... "But why did she have to die?"

Also when Atreyu's horse, Ortex, dies in the Swamps of Sadness in "The NeverEnding Story". I still cry to this day.
  • iwannabinnarnia
    iwannabinnarnia Posts: 179 Member
    I'm so emotional.. I cry very easily. The end of Toy Story 3, Beaches, Marley and Me, Stepmom, Saving Mr. Banks, there really are too many to name....
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    My DAD cries every time he watches the end of the Color Purple when Ceilie reunites with Nettie. My Dad is a tall man with a booming voice and he cries SO LOUD! My mom doesnt let him watch the movie anymore because he cries like a baby!!!! LOL!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    The end of Marley and Me. OMG I can't watch it without bawling!

+1

What's worse is watching it with your then 6 year old when it finally dawns on him that his beloved Lab, Onxy died and yes we put her in a hole in the ground.

He knew she died but I don't think it dawned on him until we watched the movie and he saw marley get buried.

I can still hear him now, Mommy, Mommy did you and Daddy put Onyx in a hole just like that when she died?!?!

Said with such panic and grief it was horrid!!!

That made me cry! :cry:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    anything where an animal dies...that's basically it.
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    I never cry during movies...

minus I Am Legend when Will Smith kills his own dog. So many tears.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    "Hey.... dad..... You wanna have a catch?"
    "I'd like that"

Because reasons.

That one. Definitely. I bawled in front of my dad. Well, next to him.

My father was very old when I was born. He was born in 1900 and died when I was young. I never got to know him as well as i would have liked. But I did hear all of the stories of how he played baseball on those factories teams for several years as a young man. He was a catcher. No one warned me about this movie before I went to see it. I was a total ****ing wreck in that theatre.

:cry:
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Castaway - when he loses Wilson. :sad: :sad: :sad:

The Notebook - I kept hearing what a great movie it is, but had never seen it. It was on TV one day, and I caught the last 30 mins for the first time. I sat there bawling on my couch thinking "WHY did they say this was a good movie????"

Armageddon gets me every time.

Captain Phillips - when he thinks they are going to shoot him.

I get a lot more emotional with TV series and character deaths. Recently, the episode of Arrow where Moira dies KILLED me.
  • The_Aly_Wei
    The_Aly_Wei Posts: 844 Member
    Couple of scenes from the same movie.
    When Cameron Diaz's character flips out because the father snuck their daughter (who was dying of cancer) out of the hospital in My Sister's Keeper. I can only imagine the desperate feelings of a mother in that moment.

When this same girl looks out at the ocean and then up at the sky and closes her eyes like she's saying it's OK for God to take her. Nothing is spoken but so much is said in that moment.

And when she gives her mom the album she made and then comforts her mother saying it's OK even though she's the one dying.

I cry like a baby.

Oh man, i remember watching that movie with my ex and he was SOBBING all over me while i was not crying...at all.

Now i cant watch that movie without a slight laugh...making me look like a giant sadist. What a ruination of a great movie.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    I cried watching Platoon when William Defoe is left for dead and the enemy chases him and shoots him down.
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    I watched Marley & Me shortly after my 1st Dog Passed and um yeah Hubby said I'm no longer allowed to watch it as his death scene at the end hit a little too close to home for me

Transformers 3 when Sam is saying Good-Bye to Bumblebee, OMG I tear up every time I watch it and to watch it at the gym, um yeah embarrassing much?

Otherwise I tend to tear up mostly at Happy or Victory type moments in movies like Miracle when the US Wins the Gold Medal and Herb walks out of the arena and just clasps his hands on his head; Rudy when he's carried off the field at the end. I don't know why but those get me more than any death/sad movie every single time.
  • g44219
    g44219 Posts: 3,665 Member
    John Q - "I AM NOT GOING TO BURY MY SON! MY SON IS GOING TO BURY ME!"