HI. Looking For Friends & Acceptance.

Options
Hi all,
I'm Teri or Tess (answer to both). Food has been my only 'friend' & 'comfort' since I was 14. I'm 42 now & because of personal loss am back up to my highest weight of 318.4lbs.
I'm 5'6 & suffer with depression, social phobia, & type 2 diabetes. So my only support is online. Makes doing this a bit harder to say the least. I found this site & thought this might just give me a way to get to where I want to go health wise safely.
I'm looking to lose about 100lbs if possible. My ideal weight is suppose to be about 160 but I've never been that so I'm trying to be more realistic. I figure 220 would be good since I haven't been that low since I smoked in my twenties.
Anyway, hope to make some friends & lose a little weight in the process. lol

Talk again soon.
:heart: :blushing: :heart:

Replies

• sadrithmora
    sadrithmora Posts: 121
    Options
    Welcome Teri!

Hope you will find the motivation you need to get your life back on track. I'm more than sure you will find a lot of support and help around here, and a lot of helpful people willing to answer any questions you might have.

Good luck! :)
  • BeautifullyBroken4Ever
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome & the luck. I'll need it. lol
  • DiniFive
    DiniFive Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Teri!

Just writing to say hello, welcome, and good for you for starting this adventure/journey along with us. :) We're in it together. I'm 44 and just starting here.

- Andrea
  • lorigregory50
    Options
    Hi, Terri!

You will find lots of helpful info here, as well as friendly people to encourage you and help you out. Welcome!
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    friend request sent
  • Juliemoo1960
    Juliemoo1960 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hi Teri
    Welcome on board and hope we can support you and we will certainly encourage you. Please add me as a friend I come on most days and post.
  • BeautifullyBroken4Ever
    Options
    Thank you all for the support, friend requests & words of encouragement.
    I hope I can keep it up & do myself proud. Plus would like to help my mom
    take care of my grandfather now that my grandmother has passed. :cry:
    It's been a year & still feel like she'll be home anytime.

Anyway, thanks again everyone. I look forward to getting to know you
    Have a great Tuesday. :happy:
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like :)
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Hi Teri! Welcome!! MFP is the right place for you to come! We are one large family and support group.

A little piece about myself, I am currently 27 and 173lbs (or 170 depending on the day). I started using MFP 1162 days ago and I don't regret a single day of it. When I started my journey I was 255lbs and miserable. I also suffer from depression (tough childhood with parents and alcoholism) and would turn to food for support. I never had a lot of friends and still don't. I workout several times a week, sometimes several times a day if time allows. I have now lost 84lbs but had a higher loss at 109 earlier last year. As you can see my journey is far from perfect, but using MFP has always helped me find my way back to a better me. I've also studied a bit about Personal Training and LOVE to help where I can. I won't say I am an expert but I know a thing or two!!

Anywho---- that's enough about me for now, Please feel free to add me! <3:happy: :happy: :happy: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: