How did you do it?

Options
I'm always curious about how people lose their weight. I've previously lost a large amount after a bad breakup a few years ago, and now that I'm trying to lose it the right way, I'm interested in hearing the ways people have found success.

:))

Replies

• ckbutler
    ckbutler Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The slower the better. Make sure that they way you lose the weight is the way to can live the rest of your life. Don't "diet" where you can never have a piece of cake again or have to eat salad for every meal. Though the weight may come off fast, you can't maintain that. Take it one day at a time and one meal at a time. And don't forget, you're worth it!

1153361.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    well my big thing was portions. I never really, realized what an actual portion size was. once I solved this problem, I slowly started walking, and adding in other fitness. and it became a routine. I still take days where I don't exercise. and some day I go over my calories, but I know I can't do that all the time. and Its okay to have ice cream, but make sure you burn the calories, and keep it to an actual serving size.
  • ababygrace
    Options
    Bump
  • Hitsujikai
    Hitsujikai Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I just always bore in mind that if output (exercise) is greater than input (food) I would lose the weight. That way no food was off limits to me as long as I had earn't the right to eat them.
  • christydufrene78
    Options
    Love it! I think the same way calories in / calories out
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Building muscle was the key for me. I was doing lots of cardio, including training for my first half marathon yet my body was not changing at all. Then, I added ChaLEAN Extreme, a weight lifting in home workout and went from a size 12/14 to a size 6 in less than 90 days. I have more muscle now than ever in my life and I am leaner and stronger because of it.
  • PokenStick
    Options
    Getting of my butt was key. I was and am a lazy person. I tried diet alone but it never worked for me. Forcing myself to get up everyday and do SOMETHING helped.

Also, getting in the rhythm and having it become a way of life. The first few weeks it was a diet, and I hated it. I tried to find ways to cheat the system by saving calories so I could still eat that sugar filled late night snack. I changed my perspective from a diet to a healthy life style. This won't work for everyone obviously, but it helped me in my cravings for things that were terrible for me.
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    good food is good for you. get up and move even if its cleaning or quick 15-20 min walks, go for a bike ride etc. you dont have to be in a gym to lose weight. EAT! i eat 4 to 5 times a day and stay under 1500 calories and hardly ever feel hungry. real food is your friend
  • mysteryfoxes
    Options
    Ahh I love it, everyone has such great advice. :) Keep it coming!
  • MrsFoster18
    MrsFoster18 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    My goal wasn't to necessarily lose weight, but to build a better physique and just live a more healthy lifestyle. So the first step for me was to make the honest decision that I had to change my lifestyle and adopt a new one. In a nutshell, I quit smoking and drinking, and started exercising. I've changed my perception of food, no longer looking at it as some sort of treat, but as fuel for the body...the better the fuel the better the results. With that kind of perception for me, taste is no longer at the top of the list when it comes to the food I eat. My motivation comes from what I see in the mirror. All those hours of working out and sacrificing is sooo well worth it when you look in the mirror and you see areas on your body where muscle has replaced fat...where definition has replaced flab...when you literally can see your goals becoming obtained.

:o]
  • sinbad1971
    Options
    Gotta agree with Hitsukjaki, if your a man eating 2500 calories and your doing 1000 calories of exercise most days, you'll be way under your calorie limit, a thousand cals may seem a lot to burn, but ditch the car, run up the stairs at work, 10 mins exercise two three times a day and them exercise cals soon mount up. The weight will drop off, has for me! I try think of food as fuel rather than a pleasurable thing now,
  • DS13
    DS13 Posts: 136
    Options
    Low carbs on the weekdays has helped me. Along with regular cardio and working retail burns mad calories. Especially black friday(16 hour shift). I'm not doing any strength training yet, but I plan on doing so soon.
  • Tara_Alesia
    Tara_Alesia Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Low carbs on the weekdays has helped me. Along with regular cardio and working retail burns mad calories. Especially black friday(16 hour shift). I'm not doing any strength training yet, but I plan on doing so soon.

Yes. Working retail helps out a lot. I'm constantly walking around and climbing ladders and lifting all kinds of junk. I should probably invest in a pedometer/HRM to keep track of the calories I "earn" while working.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!