Keepin' on, keepin' on (incl pics)

Options
swsays
swsays Posts: 125 Member
Hi all. I am down about 30 pounds on my journey to lose about 75 and feeling the midway slump, sort of. Lots of people have noticed my weight loss and commented on it and somehow all that positive feedback made me sort of sit back and feel like I could go back to some of my previous habits - eating a few more treats than usual and not logging them as mindfully as I have been. So, in order to get myself back into my mindful mindset, I took some new photos (below), I acknowledged how far I've come, while also realizing it isn't about the weight loss but rather how good it feels to eat mindfully and keep my body moving, and also honestly acknowledging how far I still need to go in making these choices my lifestyle and not just a temporary change.

I started this journey in October 2013 with the idea that I needed to get my head into a healthier place and I needed to get my butt out of the chair and into the fresh air and sunshine - weight loss would be great but it was going to be a pleasant "side effect" to my primary goal. I need to remember that and stay in that place that remembers that my head and my body are happier when I move and eat mindfully!

Now let's see if I can attach photos...

05982020af606ca61ade51d54d9a1c1f_zpsf95bb340.jpg

F7BFCC21-519E-4271-9A57-0B2765A4AC8D_zpsv9kddhkb.jpg

Replies

• crys_aintgivingup
    crys_aintgivingup Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great! Huge difference for sure. Especially your arms - you can really see the definition!

Do keep it up! You won't want to start all over again and you've come this far already. Be proud and onwards and upwards! :flowerforyou:
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look great and should be proud of yourself. Keep up the hard work and be kind to yourself.
  • swsays
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words - very appreciated. I think I just needed to admit that it's OK to be in a slump once in a while - like they always say in yoga, it's not about how many times you fall out of a pose, it's about how many times you come back. So, one day at at time, I'm going to keep at it!
  • cstringfellow2013
    cstringfellow2013 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You've made amazing progress. Just keep going!
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing!!!!!!!!!!
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    You look great. Congratulations on your hard work.
  • swsays
    Options
    Thank you. I appreciate the very kind feedback!
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Keep on going your doing great!