On a budget?

Options
2»

Replies

• melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    We love Aldi here too -- today I found avocados for 25 cents/each and celery for 29/bunch!

Besides that, I stock up on meat when it is on sale -- chicken breast for under $2 a pound... the others I buy less often so I am not sure of the lowest price I can find on those. I buy seasonal fruit/veggies or I will buy frozen when it it is on sale for $1/bag. I buy dried beans and cook in the crockpot... and do lots of soups in the winter.

We very rarely buy fish here (because it is expensive!) but if I do get fish I get tilapia, salmon or shrimp when it is on sale. Those are the ones I've found to be the cheapest and easiest to stretch in a recipe.
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Basa is a mild, good tasting fish that is usually pretty inexpensive. Pollock is also a good one.
  • smash0719
    Options
    I <3 Aldi! They have a great selection of fresh produce and TONS of frozen fish & meats. My new favorites are the lemon pepper fish fillets and teriyaki marinated chicken breasts (both in the frozen section). They also have a line of "Fit & Active" products that are on the healthier side, from cereal to salad dressing. Definitely give it a try!