Budgeting calories weekly vs daily?

Options
2»

Replies

• Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I've sort of been moving to the weekly calorie budget approach as I get close to maintaining. I'm consistently 1/2 pound above my goal weight, and I would like to be at or 1/2 pound UNDER my goal weight. I've been eating pretty much at my maintenance level for the last couple weeks, some days under my calorie goal (which is set below my apparent maintenance weight because I want to lose a little more) and some days significantly over. So I've been looking at weekly numbers to see where I should be and why I've been staying the same weight while I'm still trying to lose a little.

I think at least partially tracking calories by week rather than by day will be part of my weight maintenance method, since my amount of exercise and the amount I eat fluctuate day to day, and I like to have days when I eat lots of yummy high-calorie things. I just go to the "reports" section and look at my net calories for the past 7 days vs. the number I have as my calorie goal and see how I'm doing from that-- over or under. I'm usually a little under.
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Works great for me. I eat around 1700 calories 6 days per week and have a cheat day of about 2500 calories once per week.
  • SCSTWG
    SCSTWG Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I record daily and try to stick within my daily budget, but when I do exceed my daily budget due to a special occasion, I ensure that I compensate throughout the week to stay within the weekly goal. Some weeks I am under my daily goal everyday and it is a non-issue and other weeks I have one or two days where I go over my daily budget and then further restrict my daily intake on other days to meet the weekly goal.
  • JourneyingJessica
    JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Lost 100lbs this way. Some days i eat 900 cals some days i eat 2000. I average 1400/day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!