UGH......I am the biggest yo-yo dieter EVER.

Options
So I lose 50 to gain 60 to lose 40 to gain 50 to lose 20 to gain 10. This time I've lost 92 and stopped myself at a regain of 10. I consider that a victory though I am very busy beating myself up over it.

For those of you who also struggle as a lifetime yo-yo, how do you stop? Friend me and let's support each other. I'm frustrated today.

Replies

• jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Oh I am so with you on this one. I get so frustrated so easily and just give up. Even when its coming off it seems hopeless to me. I am trying so hard not beat myself up this time
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I am only willing to go "so far" and then the sliding starts. Fortunately I have held it off within 10-12 pounds but I'd prefer to be minus the 10! I work out each morning and often think "if only I'd NOT had the XXXX last night". At least we are aware of our bad behaviors and are trying to make changes instead of just letting it all go. Due to the years of yo-yoing my metabolism is a mess I'm sure and layer in hypothyroidism in the last year. We can get there, we just need to focus and be committed and yes, some days are better than others!
  • carpe_vinum
    carpe_vinum Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My consolation this time is that I stopped myself before I regained all 90 pounds. I just hate that I have to lose these 13 pounds again to get to where I was just six weeks ago. HATE!!!!
  • wknmom
    wknmom Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Me too!! I lost 40 lbs two years ago, and today 30 of those 40 are back! I need control! I have no summer clothes that fit me :(
  • carpe_vinum
    Options
    Ok....let's be in control. We can do this today.
  • MomforNoah
    MomforNoah Posts: 76
    Options
    Sent you a FR. I feel like I am the biggest yo yo'er ever...It's something new every week...ugh
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I think it's like alcoholism, you have to stay on the wagon or you will gain weight. It seems unfair since others seem to maintain weight without effort. However, go to a major sporting event sometime and observe people. You will notice that almost everyone is fat. It is indeed an epidemic, so you are now special if you are thin. If you choose to be thin then you have to just accept the idea that you are doing this calorie management thing forever. I dread getting to maintenance because gaining back the weight after all this effort scares the hell out of me. Join "AA" and stay on the wagon is my strategy.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    This is so me.. I can lose weight but I cant keep it off. I know this sounds like a lame excuse but I can swing 20 pounds either way and not really notice it. I think for me I need to watch the scale for the rest of my life. This time I want to keep it off , let's do this together !
  • carpe_vinum
    Options
    You are all so right. I have thought about joining OA. I get in total denial about it and oops.....I'm 20 (or 30 or 50) pounds heavier. I am so glad I caught it early this time and, hopefully, can learn from it.