bloating help?

Options
hello all!

I am on my 8th week of insanity! (month 2, week 3)

I was holding a steady weight of 113.2lbs after losing 6lbs in the first month.

well after starting month 2, i up'ed my calories by 100. so i eat 1700 a day. (i do not add in exercise calories)
after i did that. i noticed i didn't look as lean as before and i look kinda 'fluffy' . I thought it was water retention, but i already went threw the first 2 weeks fine.
(I drink 2.2L of water a day) anyway, my weight went up a pound as well. and its somewhat discouraging since i'm almost done with this program.

any suggestions? or people who have experienced this :) ?

Replies

• Dougf90
    Dougf90 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Any time I changed my diet or workout routine in any way I retained water. If you know you didn't eat 3,500 calories over maintenance to gain that lb, there's nothing to worry about because it is indeed just water. I had many ups and down throughout the way, it's extremely common. Wait it out and it will come off!
  • HappyandHealthy92
    Options
    Any time I changed my diet or workout routine in any way I retained water. If you know you didn't eat 3,500 calories over maintenance to gain that lb, there's nothing to worry about because it is indeed just water. I had many ups and down throughout the way, it's extremely common. Wait it out and it will come off!

thank you! that makes me feel a lot better!

I've just worked so hard, and kept pushing; so i guess thats what i need to keep doing :) !
  • HappyandHealthy92
    Options
    anyone else? 'bump'
  • livinatthegym
    livinatthegym Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    you sure you just didn't add muscle weight?
  • HappyandHealthy92
    Options
    Even if I did. I don't look lean or likei added muscle. I look bloated . I wouldn't care so much about the number if my body looked in shape
  • cj731
    cj731 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have this problem, although mine is usually caused by a day of high sodium. I can gain three, four pounds seemingly overnight even though I know I've eaten at a deficit simply because I went overboard on the sodium. Occasionally I'll get the same effect if I do a strength workout. I bloat like mad throughout the day if I even drink water too fast!
    It's discouraging to see the higher number, but if you know logically you can't have consumed enough calories to gain a pound then you can't let it stress you too much. Even digestion can lead to holding on to some weight - I take a probiotic and I find it helps.
    If that's you in your profile picture, you look incredible! A pound of water weight or a little bloating isn't going to take that progress away from you, you look fantastic and should be mega proud!
  • HappyandHealthy92
    Options
    That is indeed me. I'm startibg to think maybe ill lay off the sodium for a while. And eat more fruits and veggies . i feel like my body is adjusting to the new water intake and calorie intake. Hopefully :)
  • Tara_J21
    Tara_J21 Posts: 2
    Options
    My problem exactly, I dont want to lose wieght as such as I am slim but my stomach just does not suit and fit with my body ha! I just dont know what to do and it gets me down. I posted a help plea yesterday but Im new to this site and cant see how I would find it :)